Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Live 3/6 Hand

Table is loose as hell preflop (5-7) and most showdowns are more than 2. I'd say 80% of pots are raised PF. No real maniacs but everyone general sucks.

I'm MP3 w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 limp, I raise, folds to BB who calls, others call.

Flop (5 players, 11SB)
5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets, MP2 raises, Hero...

Now, most of these players are fairly passive post flop - rarely do I see people pumping their big draws on the flop; but they also overvalue any pair, even on very scary boards. MP2 might be the 2nd or 3rd best player at the table, he's a bit of a know it all, and I get the sense that he's a pathological liar about his holdings - that's not to say that he is making a lot of total bluffs - but he does bluff a little; for example, soon after he sat down, he limped in late position w/ 83s and the flop came T63r. All check to him and he bets. A few callers. Turn is an 8. All check to him, he bets, and some c/r's him. He checks his hand again and opened up pretty wide so that he inadvertantly flashed me his hand and he folded. After the hand, he told the guy to my left that he had folded pocket Jacks. So, from this point on, I basically decided to disregard anything he said.

Other than that, I'll emphasize that the table is passive, so if I decide to play for my FD, i will rarely get trapped for 2 on the turn.

What should I do?
Old 01-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 Hand

pretty standard fold I think. We could be reverse dominated, and our 1-card flush draw isn't that great.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:00 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah pretty standard. You're only drawing to the third nuts and it seems the table is pretty aggressive(if 80% of pots are raised preflop its very aggressive for 3/6 live). If people are overvaluing TP after the flop then its probably somewhat aggressive post flop as well. This is even more of a reason to fold because you don't want to be paying alot to draw to the third nuts.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:32 PM

I'd need the Ac to call here.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd need the Ac to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Thanks y'all. I actually thought this was the most difficult hand of the session but I guess it's easier than I thought.

Results:
<font color="white">
Yeah, in the hand I drew to the 3rd nuts because I just thought "pot big, must not give up my equity." I called the 2 on the flop. Turn was a blank. Action is check, flop raiser bets, I call again, other player calls, river is the 4c. MP bets, I call. MP shows the 8c, for the Str8 flush. </font>
Old 01-07-2007, 08:43 PM

i think it's much closer than everyone is implying. I probably call this. This discussion should not be over, IMO.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm in the muck camp b/c of the reverse domination + non-nuts that Buzz mentioned.
I'd call K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]