Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Capping the betting HU

Kinda interesting how the rules vary on this. I thought Bodog had uncapped betting HU, but it turns out that there's a six-bet cap HU (WTF, how weird is that?) Pretty sure the other sites I've played on (Party, Stars, and Full Tilt), all had had four-bet caps, but is there anyone online who's uncapped HU? It's not going to make me change sites or anything, but it is IMO a very good rule that I'd like to see uniformly adopted.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Capping the betting HU

paradise also has a 5 or 6 bet cap HU. crypto is uncapped HU
Old 01-07-2007, 04:07 AM

I think uncapped betting HU is better as well.

Good thing I play NL.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:59 AM

Heads up uncapped raising on Crypto is great. Yesterday had a raise-fest on the river until the other guy was all-in on a 3-9-T-J-Q board. He had Jack Ten...
Old 01-07-2007, 03:51 PM

I think Poker.com is uncapped. Cryptos definately are.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda interesting how the rules vary on this. I thought Bodog had uncapped betting HU, but it turns out that there's a six-bet cap HU (WTF, how weird is that?) Pretty sure the other sites I've played on (Party, Stars, and Full Tilt), all had had four-bet caps, but is there anyone online who's uncapped HU? It's not going to make me change sites or anything, but it is IMO a very good rule that I'd like to see uniformly adopted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Limit ring game players don't want to wait 10 minutes while two guys go 50 bets with Ax on a KQJ6T board. That's the basic purpose of a headsup cap in online play. Even at a headsup table it's a waste of time but if there's no cap you may feel you have to play it out just in case.

A secondary issue is that it brings the issue of chip dumping into limit play and limit tournaments. It is simpler for the site if they don't have to worry about policing that problem. There was a horror story a couple of years back concerning a low-limit player on a small site who had the double nuts in a cash game: his hand and his opponent. Naturally our Hero didn't stop reraising and Villain lost his entire stack. Then the site said "chip dumping" and took Hero's bankroll. Ridiculous, but the moral of the story is that life is easier for all concerned with a cap.