Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 04:37 AM

Default So let me tell you a little story....

Once upon a time there was a university called CalTech. CalTech's school boasted one of the top academic programs in the nation. The world-renowned institution where Albert Einstein lectured, Linus Pauling was a professor and 31 Nobel Prize winners either have taught or studied, had extremely high admission standards and draws many of the nation's top students in science and math.

At some point, the geniuses at CalTech thought that it would be a good idea to have a NCAA Div III basketball team at their school. Despite the fact that their ridiculously high academic standards and the fact that DIII schools can't give out schloarships would pretty much ensure that their teams were never any good, they went for it any way. After careful consideration they decided that "Techers" would be the best choice of mascots for CalTech.

As expected, they lost, and lost, and lost some more. 208 straight NCAA games were lost. And in conference, it gets even worse: Over the past 22 years, they have a 0-245 record in their conference.

But this year was different. Paxon Frady, Yang Hai, Wei Li, and Han Bin Man were set to lead a guard heavy lineup that featured 8 players at 6ft or less. But that pales in comparison to them landing a prized Beverly Hills recruit right before the season started. The kid's name? Yang Yang! Imagine Yang Hai's surprise and shock to learn of this development!

Enter Brad College from New York. Now I would imagine that losing to a team that hadn't won in 207 straight games would be pretty humilating. I can't even imagine how it might feel to lose to that team by 29 points! But thats exactly what happened on January 7, 2007, as they defeated Brad College 81-52.

After the game when asked if they would be able to stop the conference losing streak this season(which was unaffected since Brad College was not in their conference), the CalTech coached replied, "It will be difficult. We lost a lot of players from last year's team."

link to article
CalTech roster
Old 01-08-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: So let me tell you a little story....

It's Bard.