Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Default limp reraiser - unsure?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4

no reads

9 players
Converter

pretty sure i played this hand as bad as it could have been played

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: limp reraiser - unsure?

I don't think that you played it so bad.

Pre-flop:The raise is certainly correct,imo.You want the blinds out,especially if they throw away any cards above a 10.When UTG limp/re-raises,it is more likely to be AA than if a lot of players had come in.In that case,he might have limp/re-raised with big suited connectors,also.

Flop:You might try a raise to clarify where you are.Since the pot is so big,maybe it's right to check it out before you give up.The problem with this is that he re-raises,you call,&amp; now when he bets the turn,the pot is so big that you are tempted to just call him down.Playing it small by peeling one time &amp; throwing it away on the turn if you don't spike a 10 seems reasonable to me.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: limp reraiser - unsure?

I'm inclined to just cap it preflop, but calling the 3 bet is also fine imo.

Just raise the flop, otherwise you'll be in the dark throughout the hand.

As played I would try a turn raise here and fold to a 3bet, otherwise take the possible free showdown.