Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 02:40 AM

Default $600 PLO Turned low flush + two pair

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1060)
Hero ($954.35)
BB ($563.55)
UTG ($558)
MP ($2174.35)
CO ($368.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $36</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $33, BB calls $30, UTG calls $18.

Flop: ($144) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: ($144) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

I feel like there are a million ways to play this hand and they're all okay so I'm curious what people think.

edit: keep in mind I have straight flush draw so even against the nuts I probably have 5 outs on the river.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: $600 PLO Turned low flush + two pair

As played, repeatedly kick yourself in the balls for not getting a read on your opponents.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:54 AM

I'd check and see what happens. In this kind of spot, I'm usually pretty concerned that someone was going for a c/r against the pfr not to mention someone could have K or Q high frushie. I'd probably be folding to action.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Fold to action. In no way do you want to play this multiway, there is going to be a better hand out there. The MP could be slowplaying AAxx w/[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] If thats true then you're going to get took to the cleaners and you'll have 1 out 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 01:18 PM

I kind of forgot something important I am not at all worried about aaxx the pf 3 better is a huge fish who is super aggro and probably 3bets like 1/3 of pfr and if anyone else had aa they'd shove pf I am really not worried at all about aa.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of forgot something important I am not at all worried about aaxx the pf 3 better is a huge fish who is super aggro and probably 3bets like 1/3 of pfr and if anyone else had aa they'd shove pf I am really not worried at all about aa.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in summary, you're not worried about the nut flush?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well somebody could have Asxs and only had top pair+ the nut draw on the flop the pf 3better def doesn't have the nuts.

So, in summary, you're not worried about the nut flush?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't bet out. If you're called you still don't know where you stand. You could bet 1/3 - 1/2 pot but then what? If you get called and brick falls do you bet out again or c/c. If the board gives you a full house on the river is it the best full house (i.e. was that person calling with a set to draw out on your flush which you were giving him odds to do.)

Basically you're out of position and have no idea where you stand. You won't get value out of a lower flush for the most part, so really you can only get value from someone looking to fill up on the river.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bet out. If you're called you still don't know where you stand. You could bet 1/3 - 1/2 pot but then what? If you get called and brick falls do you bet out again or c/c. If the board gives you a full house on the river is it the best full house (i.e. was that person calling with a set to draw out on your flush which you were giving him odds to do.)

Basically you're out of position and have no idea where you stand. You won't get value out of a lower flush for the most part, so really you can only get value from someone looking to fill up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't aggree more
Old 01-06-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now doesnt my answer look a bit [censored]? INCLUDE READS YA DONK!