Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Default ipod broken help pleease

Alright already tried posting this in oot but pretty much just got insulted. Not sure if this is wrong forum but i assume the people here would no more about it than anywhere else on 2+2
to make a long story short i got drunk last night then decided to eat some food passed out holding a glass of milk woke up in morning only to realize i had spilled milk all over my ipod and its not working. I got one glimmer of hope earlier when i plugged it in and a little battery thing popped up like it was charging and had one of those triangles with a ! in it or something like that. This doesn't happen anymore. Anyways im assuming no warranty covers this even tho i got one from best buy. Is this even a problem i can pay to get fixed or am i [censored] out of luck and $420. Help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: ipod broken help pleease

Don't cry over spilled milk? (Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Have you talked to BestBuy? (Don't leave your real name.) See what they say about the details of the warranty.

In the future, when you spill liquid on electronics, applying power isn't a good idea. If you can, unplug the battery (hard with an iPod) and wait for it to dry-out.
-Sam

edit: Maybe the water procedure should go in the faq. Most people don't read an faq while their laptop is frying, though...
Old 01-05-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the water procedure should go in the faq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't hurt, Sam...might stick in someone's memory *before* they spill.

If you don't get anywhere with the warranty, I know some people that'd try to buy another, swap out the internals (if the serial# is on the case) and return it as defective. I'm not condoning that, tho, as you could muck up the case and be stuck w/ both.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Clean off all the milk so the outside looks good and take it in and see what they say. If they ask what happened play dumb.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clean off all the milk so the outside looks good and take it in and see what they say. If they ask what happened play dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya this is what my plan is. Haha at the spilled milk comment i got the exact same reply in oot but you werent an [censored] about it like they were. Thanks for the helpful remarks. Also the only other thing i was wondering is if best buy realizes what happens is it even possible to get something like this fixed?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya this is what my plan is. Haha at the spilled milk comment i got the exact same reply in oot but you werent an [censored] about it like they were. Thanks for the helpful remarks. Also the only other thing i was wondering is if best buy realizes what happens is it even possible to get something like this fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really fried the board in it then no, you can't get it fixed. There isn't that much in those things to be replaced. Next time don't spill milk on it.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really fried the board in it then no, you can't get it fixed. There isn't that much in those things to be replaced. Next time don't spill milk on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ya good advice...fwiw im an drunk and although its never happened with milk before ive woken up many a morning soaked in the last beer i was drinking that night i guess maybe ipod+drunk= -ev ill remember that next time
Old 01-05-2007, 07:49 PM

put the iPod in a ziplock baggie [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha at the spilled milk comment i got the exact same reply in oot

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah ... uh, I have to admit that I literally copied the comment from the OOT thread. Sorry. (If I had written it from scratch, I would have used "spilt".)

But, still! I gave constructive(ish) comments, right? That's gotta count for something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

edit: FAQed.