Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 01:10 AM

Default A hand against a LAG

20-40 live 9 handed holdem

EP limps, MP raises(He is super loose preflop and raises quite a bit. If given the chance he will always put in the last raise no matter what he holds. His range is any pair, any broadway, Any Ace suited etc. He can get tricky postflop and actually seems to be somewhat of a thinking opponent.) LP calls, I reraise with QdQs and the button, and both blinds fold, EP calls, MP caps, and we all call.

The flop:7h7dAs

EP checks, MP bets, LP folds, and it is up to me. What would be your plan for the rest of the hand? I have no reads on the other two players.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: A hand against a LAG

This isnt really a hand against a lag, you have 6 opponents to deal with here. I would call the flop and try to spike a set in this huge pot, and on the turn I would look for a reason to fold unless you have the odds to spike a set on the river. The action that transpires after you call the flop will give you a good indication of what you should do on the turn.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:02 AM

This play leads you to think you might be best but the other players calling should arise some arousal that you are up against some kind of ace. Tough flop but should be folded after the turn most likely. You will catch him in the near future.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:30 PM

The pot is pretty huge here, and there's a fair chance that you have the best hand. So I think your priority here should be to look for ways to win the pot rather than look for ways to get away from your hand.

It would be a little easier to play this if you had a read on EP. If this player is unlikely to call on the flop without correct pot odds, my plan would be to call the flop. If EP folds I would call the rest of the way. If your QQ is best MP has little chance of drawing out on you, and a raise from you will let him get away from his hand. However, if you just call the whole way MP could very well try to bluff every street with 66, KQ, T8s or whatever. That said, if EP calls on the flop, I wouldn't want to put in any more money barring a miracle Q on the turn.

Again, that last paragraph was concerning an EP who is somewhat tight on the flop. In the more likely scenario of a loose EP, I would actually raise this on the flop. If EP folds and MP calls. I would then check behind the turn in hopes of inducing a bluff from MP. If either EP or MP 3bets your raise I would call, even though QQ is likely behind here the pot odds now justify trying to catch a miracle Q on the turn. If EP cold calls your raise I would make him for an A and I wouldn't put any more money into the pot barring improvement.

I think I hit every scenario there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Main point is that I wouldn't want to just peel the flop and give up given the fact that it's a bigass pot and there's some chance of you having the best hand.

Just my opinion...