Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Regardless of who you would vote for in the poll above, which of the two would you say has the "bett
Taylor has the better voice 11 21.15%
Katherine has the better voice 17 32.69%
I can't tell / both are good 4 7.69%
Just show me results / this is still stupid 20 38.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Poll regarding human nature:

I've heard that chaos math can predict human behavior to a small extent, in small-scale, micro, individual situations.

I play video games, I (used to) play poker, and I look at life as one big experiment (only somtimes, for specific reasons!) All of these behaviors utilize my ability to predict human behavior. I'm not perfect (humans are incapable of being this way), and thus I'm limited in my ability to predict human behavior.

Note: obviously, we are all human - and are not prepared to answer this question for specific reasons: these reasons are all ways in which we are limited.

This poll, thus, is a thought experiment. I'm curious about brutally honest answers. If this question sparks discussion, by all means: partake in it. The poll, though, is my main curiosity. Use your gut. Forget about definitions and science jargon (only for this one exercise.)

It makes me comfortable knowing precisely what individuals think (or, at least, coming as close to this aim as humanly possible.) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So, I'm curious:
Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Poll regarding human nature:

I abstain. This is going to become a semantic debate.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:15 AM

This reminds me of a question that I have been very anxious to get answered for months. Please use your gut. Forget about the definition of kludderbort for now and try to be brutally honest.

For what it's worth, I believe that while not all people act like kludderborts all the time, Praxis certainly does.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Voted yes, but as hmpoker correctly states, this is a matter of semantics.

In the common jargon, rationality is used to describe thoughtful, considerate acting. Another way to look at it, is that human beings, naturally, think and feel through a deterministic analysis of the situation and past experiences. It may not be objective, but it's otherwise very similar to the scientific method. In this sense, you could say that no human being is capable of acting irrationaly, because behind every action there's a "rational" (though most often very subjective) analysis.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Yeah...I don't know who voted 'no', but I don't think they should be allowed back to the forum until they agree to at least accept the approximate meaning of words in English.