Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Don\'t Make Me Act a Fool (Syracuse)

Or something like that. Is there something I am missing as in value at Pittsburgh at either -1 or a pick? Syracuse is an awful team from what I saw without much scoring balance and a super soft schedule in which found them in constant dogfights against such teams as Canisius. Is playing Pitt kinda strong here a sucker bet, because quite frankly I'm not sure if the Carrier Dome over winter break is worth that many points ? Sure Pitt is in a rutt but they are more battle tested with a stronger NBA type lineup...
Old 01-04-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Don\'t Make Me Act a Fool (Syracuse)

I'll be at the game tonight and feel the same way. The 3 friends i'm going with also feel the same way. Not sure what I'm missing on this one but Pitt sure looks like a great bet here.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:18 PM

The college basketball trap lines have not been trappy. Quite a few of these obvious cases this season have pulled through lately so I'm going to hop on Pittsburgh here. When you struggle with St. Francis and Caninsius I can't see how you can beat a team like Pittsburgh, which has a lot more talent and a bona fide NBA player in Aaron Gray.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:26 PM

Conference game on the road? And you like Pitt? I think you are acting a fool if you think this is easy money. I'll stay away from it.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:38 PM

So if Pitt plays Rutgers at Piscataway and is a small favorite, you stay away because it is a "conference game on the road"? Of course not.

You need to do better to justify Syracuse at pk or +1 here than that. Syracuse has really struggled with the cupcake part of it's schedule, predominantly home games. If it was later in the season, I'd give more credence to the possibility that Syracuse could pull this one out. But at this early point of the season, based on what we've seen to date from both teams, and this being Pitt's Big East opener, I like Pitt here, somewhat comfortably.

Perhaps I'll be wrong. It happened once before, and I've been paying for it for 10 years.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:14 PM

Sagarin predictor makes this Syracuse -3. Don't know much about the injuries of each team, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, I took Syracuse +1.5 based partially on Sagarin and partially on the fact that everyone loves Pitt here. I should have waited a bit, as you can now get +2 (+100), but I thought I might forget to bet it before tipoff.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:38 PM

Careful before going too heavy on 'cuse:

Only 7 scholarship players healthy for Orangemen

Maybe that's why the line is towards Pitt.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM

good information thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be at the game tonight and feel the same way. The 3 friends i'm going with also feel the same way. Not sure what I'm missing on this one but Pitt sure looks like a great bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me as another Cuse fan who thinks they'll lose.
It's hard to defend an easy schedule loaded w/ home games that includes 3 losses. But one legit point in their defence is that one of their best 2-3 players (Devandorf or Roberts) has missed significant time with injury/sickness in each of their losses. Granted there's still no excuse for losing to Drexel; but Ok St & Witchita St. are a little more forgivable.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM

While I wouldn't say it's enough to swing things Syracuse's way, Boeheim is pretty notorious for not using his bench much. The guys who get the majority of the action are still around, and the guy who left school in the article (Mike Jones) has been hurt for a month.