Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 03:25 PM

Default *Greatest Rap Album of All-Time Nomination Thread*

After 2 much maligned attempts to put together a tournament to determine the greatest rap album of all time, I've finally decided to do this proper.

Here are the albums that are under discussion in the other threads: 2Pac- All Eyez on Me, 2Pac- Me Against the World, 2Pac- The Don Kiluminati, Cypress Hill- Black Sunday, Outkast- Aquemini, Outkast- ATLiens, Outkast - Speakerboxxx, Kanye West- Late Registration, Kanye West- College Dropout, Dr. Dre- 2001, Dr. Dre- The Chronic, NWA- Straight Outta Compton, NWA- Niggaz4Life, Snoop Dogg- Doggystyle, Eminem- The Slim Shady LP, Eminem- The Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem- The Eminem Show, DMX- And Then There was X, DMX- It's Dark and Hell is Hot, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony- E 1999 Eternal, Public Enemy- It takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back, Black Star- Black Star, 50 Cent- Get Rich or Die Trying, Run DMC- Raising Hell, Notorious BIG- Ready to Die, Notorious BIG- Life After Death, Big Pun- Capital Punishment, LL Cool J- Radio, The Game- The Documentary, Common- Be, Eazy E- EZ Duz It, Genius/GZA- Liquid Swords, Ice Cube- AmeriKKKaz Most Wanted, Ice Cube- Death Certificate, Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt, Jay-Z- The Blueprint, Nas- Illmatic, Nas- Stillmatic, Wu Tang Clan- 36 Chambers, Ghostface Killah- Ironman, Raekwon- Only Built for Cuban Linx, Eric B. and Rakim- Paid in Full, Beastie Boys- License to Ill, Method Man- Tical, Fugees- The Score, The D.O.C- Noone Can do it Better, Slick Rick- The Great Adventures of Slick Rick, Juvenile- 400 Degreez, A Tribe Called Quest- The Low End Theory, Scarface- The Diary, Xzibit- Restless, Ice-T- O.G. Original Gangster, Method Man/Redman- The Blackout, Mos Def- Black on Both Sides, Mob Deep- Infamous.

Feel free to comment on any of these, and throw out your suggestions for albums. Then sometime tomorow, I will list a long comprehensive poll and you voters can determine who makes it to The Big Dance.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Re: *Greatest Rap Album of All-Time Nomination Thread*

Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun

and it's Efil4zaggin.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:00 PM

Beastie Boys-Paul's Boutique
Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM

This is retarded now. I like the Beasties, Brother Ali, Mos Def, Cam'ron, etc but none of them will end up in the final 8. You're just wasting time here. The same thing with the Public Enemy album that lots of people wanted in. It wasn't top 8 material compared to the albums I already put in.

I feel like a jackass debating this silly topic on an internet message board, so I'll stop now, but I seriously think me and you both deserve a * and these excessive threads should be locked.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is retarded now. I like the Beasties, Brother Ali, Mos Def, Cam'ron, etc but none of them will end up in the final 8. You're just wasting time here. The same thing with the Public Enemy album that lots of people wanted in. It wasn't top 8 material compared to the albums I already put in.

I feel like a jackass debating this silly topic on an internet message board, so I'll stop now, but I seriously think me and you both deserve a * and these excessive threads should be locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that alot of these albums have no shot at making the final 8, but I'm still curious as to how the tournament would turn out....plus this thread could help everyone expand their rap horizons.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:26 PM

Old School nominations:

Eric B & Rakim: Follow the Leader
Ice T: Rhyme Pays
Ice T: Power
Ice T: Freedom of Speach...
BDP: Criminal Minded
Big Daddy Kane: Long Live the Kane
EPMD: Strictly Business
Kook Moe Dee: How Ya Like Me Now
Run DMC: Raising Hell
Masta Ace: Take a Look Around
LL Cool J: BAD
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince: He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper.
Twin Hype: Double Barrel
De La Soul: 3 Feet high and Rising
Kid and Play: 2 Hype
Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock: It takes two
Marley Marl: In Control, Vol 1.
Salt & Pepa: Hot, Cool and Vicious

Here's a thread with a Great list - must read for all rap fans.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that alot of these albums have no shot at making the final 8, but I'm still curious as to how the tournament would turn out....plus this thread could help everyone expand their rap horizons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Plus, it's pretty naive of some to think that they themselves could predict the final 8 while omitting some pretty obvious CD's that have at least a 50% chance of making it that far. It caused me to research and find that thread I linked which reminded me I need to buy several CD's I'd forgotten about.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:34 PM

Every CD on this list must be included in the nomination process.

http://forum.hiphopsite.com/viewtopic.php?t=21897

But realistically, only 20ish CDs need real consideration in this. And if it is anything near correct, only about 10 will even get real consideration.

edit: regardless of how many CDs have zero chance of making it into the finals or close to it, I think it would still be interesting to see what comes closes, and what people think of what.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:37 PM

Critical Beatdown rules. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Critical Beatdown rules. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, to bad the other Ultramag cds don't even come close.

I would also like to nominate:
deltron 3030
dr. octagon

They obviosly are not the greatest ever, neither are alot of these cds.