Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 11:09 PM

Default AC on New Years Day - any plans?

I really have no plans for New Years on Monday and Tuesday. Don't really feel like paying $100 to go to a bar or club with a bunch of dates. So I was thinking of AC for a couple days and staying in AC on New Years to watch my Mountaineers beat Ga Tech.

I saw that the Borgata still has rooms available for $229 on new Years Day. Plus Jim Norton is there live and I would love to see him live. But the Trop has room at $85 according to Expedia. Wonder if I should take the cheaper place and just spend most my time at the Borgata.

Whats your plan? Or do you guys have a life and something interesting for New Years. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2006, 11:57 PM

Default Re: AC on New Years Day - any plans?

I can't see how saving $140 on the room isn't a good thing. You're going for poker, a show and a sports bar, right? All at the Borgata? The room's a place to sleep and shower?

Unless you have some need for the room to be nice and more convenient than $2 and 20 minutes across town (that's what the jitney is, right?), save the money to beat the fish with.

No life here...I was thinking of taking the bus down to play until I couldn't do anything but stumble to the bus back...didn't happen. I'd still like to go sometime this weekend, but it's looking unlikely. Home listening to the neighbors fire their guns in the air at midnight, woo.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 AM

get the cheaper room, cab it to and from, save money for drinks/poker/gambling
Old 12-30-2006, 03:35 AM

Borgata is obviously a nicer place to play, but the Trop is right in town so there is walking distance access to most of the places you'd want to be. The beach & Boardwalk is right there, the Quarter has a lot going on. I also recommend the Baltimore Grill, which is right around the corner. Very easy on the $$ and food is decent.

Unless you want to go shopping, then you need a cab to get to the Walk or whereever (but you'd have to do that anyway from Borgata).

More killer less filler.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:48 PM

where are you coming from, i may be going down and would be willing to carpool/ split a room at borgtata