Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Does Anyone Have the Same Problem?

Since I play mostly NLHE I felt that I should post here. If this should be on another forum then I apolgize.

Here is the situation. Last night I am playing in my regular game. It is mostly people that I know and that I play with regularly. It is a .25/.50 cash game. This is a really good game for me even though it is lower that I like to play. I normally cash a medium to high profit for these stakes with this group (anywhere from $40 to $150). But like with every game sometimes I lose...this is expected. But here is what I am wondering. I was playing last night and was on a terrible run. I had bought in for $80 and was down to about $20 when I caught myself playing scared. Well not so much playing scared as not playing. I caught myself actually considering folding AKs in an unraised pot just because I was running bad. I was not hitting my draws, my big hands were getting run down, I couldn't manipulte the pot like I normally can...all in all things were just not going well. I ended up making a little back and ended up only stuck $20 for the night. This is nothing compared to what I have made over the last 7 weeks. But I am wondering if I get to feeling like I don't even want to play a hand should I just leave. Before you say "duh, this is a no brainer" let me say that part of thinks that maybe I should stay. If I bust the whole $80 I really don't care. It is not a big hit and it gives the bad players hope. It shows them that I don't always win and it keeps them coming back.

Has anyone else been in this situation and what are your thoughts.? Stay or go...that seems to be the question?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Does Anyone Have the Same Problem?

If it's a game with friends, just play and try to have fun.

And why would you play scared when you're used to playing bigger?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:13 AM

Were you just getting bored maybe? Or were you drinking? Sometimes I let my concentration float away when Im playing with friends. (Not enough to let AKs go, though) Especially if Im drinking.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:28 AM

"Chewbacca (sp?) is a Wookie. He lives on Planet Endor...THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!"

i rest my case
Old 01-06-2007, 04:32 AM

Losing 100BB in NL is the new running bad!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had bought in for $80 and was down to about $20 when I caught myself playing scared. Well not so much playing scared as not playing. I caught myself actually considering folding AKs in an unraised pot just because I was running bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're considering folding AKs in this spot for that reason, you're playing scared.

Yes...time to go home.

b
Old 01-06-2007, 07:07 AM

Hi!

Yesterday I was playin at UB and had terrible run as well.
I'm playin NL50 (0.25/0.50$) as well, started with 4 tables and ended up with 1 .. That's right, I lost money on other tables. Though, I didn't bought in for max, just 20$ each.
When I made my straight then someone turned his trips into a fullhouse. I ran into AA with KK preflop several times. With QQ, I made 4-5x BB preflop raise, one guy called. Flop hit T72 etc. I really feel like I am cryin here, sorry. Just I really felt bad and pretty much lost my will to play. Ppl were just throwin money into pot in hopes to win, no matter what hand they had. Yes, I know .. it should work for in my advantage, but unfourtunately - it didn't.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HWith QQ, I made 4-5x BB preflop raise, one guy called. Flop hit T72 etc. Othe guy had pocket tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anythin with what I can improve my game? I think I am not good at managing my bankroll. I've tried to find, but is there any available spreadsheet? What else?

Thanks,
Mario V
Old 01-06-2007, 01:21 PM

Mario

try this post on bankroll, I found it very helpful.

ajmargarine: 'Bankroll and Moving Up'
Old 01-07-2007, 09:22 AM

casey - I can't find that topic, can U please link me?

Thanks.