Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 03:06 PM

Default How much do you trust the \'games quality grid\' on bonuswhores.com?

First off, I am a NL50/NL100 6 max player who regularly 6-8 tables who plays primarily on pokerstars.

Upon checking the game quality grid, I was amazed to see that pokerstars got a D+ and was near the bottom of fishiness of cash games. Is this accurate, am I really that stubborn on playing solely on stars where the fishiness on other sites is THAT much better? I just want to know the opinion on a few older hands in this realm and see what they think. Thanks.

Another thing, why is FTP ranked C-? From all accounts on 2+2, it seems like a rock garden there.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:20 PM

Default Re: How much do you trust the \'games quality grid\' on bonuswhores.com?

The grades are based on data taken directly from the poker room lobbies. Keep in mind it is an average score. Sites like Stars with their massive game selection will certainly vary greatly from table to table.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Re: How much do you trust the \'games quality grid\' on bonuswhores.com?

From my experience at about two dozen of the sites listed there, their NL numbers (from 50NL to 200NL) tend to overestimate clearance rates by about 20%.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 PM

They aren't very accurate in my experience. They use the sites reported average pot size to determine game quality. That's a pretty flawed method of determining fishiness, since quality isn't strictly limited to massive pots. Granted, there really isn't a better way to determine quality short of observation, but it's still problematic. But, even if that was an issue, all sites seem to measure average pot size differently and over different lengths of time, resulting in a bunch of numbers that aren't really comparable. Overall, it's probably not completely inaccurate, but it's nowhere near precise. If you really want to know, put in a few thousand hands at a given site or datamine where possible.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:23 PM

Their 'games quality grid' is totally useless.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:38 PM

The games quality grid are useless. The bonus grid is more accurate but always to high.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The games quality grid are useless. The bonus grid is more accurate but always to high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the quality grid isn't bad when you're first starting out, and don't know anything about any of the sites. It's a good guideline for a newbie.

I'd agree they are high on the bonus grid with one exception...UB. They are actualy a little low on UB, since the hands/hour rate is so high there.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their 'games quality grid' is totally useless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2006, 09:30 PM

The whole site is useless. The bonus grid is more accurate but always to high.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole site is useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

So being able to look up practically all major poker sites on the internet, read their reviews and lots of information about their bonuses is useless?