Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Restaurant recommendations in downtown San Diego

I'm taking my girlfriend to see The Nutcracker at the San Diego Civic Theatre around Christmas and I would like some restaurant recommendations if you guys have the time. We don't go out very often, I'm not balla, and we don't have sophisticated tastes so I'm just trying to find an upscale, romantic (if possible) place where I can get a good steak and she can get good seafood. price range would be $75-150 total. it would also be nice if it was within walking distance of the Civic Theatre. thanks for any replies.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Restaurant recommendations in downtown San Diego

Not sure of its locale to the Civic Center but I really like Croce's in the Gaslamp District. Nice selection, great food and the best French Onion Soup you'll ever eat.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Restaurant recommendations in downtown San Diego

Dakota Grill (http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/cohn/...nts/dakota.php) is SO so SO good!! NLsoldier and I have eaten at a tonnn of restaurants downtown and this is definitely a mutual favorite - their bananas foster split is hands down the best dessert we've ever gotten at a restaurant.

edit: personally, I think their website is hideous, and would not have gone there if that's what it had looked like the first time we scouted out the restaurant. take a look at the menu, though, and it should win you over. FWIW, the description as upscale casual is very appropriate - it's gorgeous inside, and i bet decorated for christmas it's even nicer. I recommended it to my roommate to take her parents to lunch there when they were in town, and she liked it so much, she and her boyfriend went back for their anniversary. GL and if that's your gf in your avatar, she's gorgeous!