Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 02:25 PM

Default ok play?

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero completes.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (11.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 11.00 BB.

felt like i had some good outs here, plus overpair, and raised the flop to test the water. anyone for folding on the turn? or even on the flop?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Re: ok play?

The converter is borked up. Did you raise pre-flop or cold call or just complete?

What are your reads on CO? Is he the type to push a draw? It looks like he likes his hand, a lot. And what is up with MP2? I don't like the 3-bet because the board is coordinated and you have a weak made hand that can improve to 2nd best.

What are you thinking on the turn? What can CO have that you are still ahead of based on his flop action? What can CO have that you can draw to and win and what are your outs?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:37 PM

I like it as played so far, though after the CO cap on the flop, I would have to put him on a set, overpair better than yours or nut flush draw.

Could be a guy w/ 8s thinking he's got more than just two 7s to make his straight also.
If I don't improve on the river, I might be looking to c/f
Old 12-18-2006, 02:46 PM

ye soz, converter messed up, corrected it now in the post

i felt that since there was no action preflop, i didnt have to worry about any pocket pairs( unless they were limping in like me). I have no reads on CO, i find it really hard to read in internet games, will have to b something i work on.
so basically i had top pair. The cap on the flop made me think about folding, but i figured i had 8 outs for a straight, plus the other 2 7's, plus a chance of a flush draw which probably wouldnt win, so i called the turn.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:47 PM

Folding shouldn't even be considered w/ this hand (Edit: on the flop that is). Very slight change you're ahead, and you certainly have a decent chance of having the best hand in the future.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:49 PM

Okay now that the hand is fixed, this could also be a flopped two pair or a flopped straight as well as the other stuff mentioned. It's less likely now that it's an overpair.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:50 PM

No way you can fold this on the flop or the turn. One might argue about the 3-bet on the flop, since you lose to 88, 99 (not everyone raises these in this position, I usually would), a set and a made straight. But folding is out of the question.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:52 PM

I don't know if I would have been so aggressive on the flop. Ah is not a good card for you. It completes a flush draw. Plus many people play A's. The pot's fairly big--depending on the players if you had any reads at all, I probably would fold the turn--it could go either way to continue after the turn because the pot is big.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:58 PM

ye looking back , i was probably a bit too aggressive. would it have been better to have been aggressive pre flop instead, cut down on the people who see the flop? although i doubt they would have folded to one more small bet
Old 12-18-2006, 03:02 PM

On the flop, you have an OESD and an overpair, that will only very rarely stay being one. Therefore, would play this as a straight and let the overpair tip any close decision towards the more aggressive line.
Betting out would be the more aggressive choice --&gt; correct.
When it comes back raised to you, you get 8:1. You have 7 outs as the hearts don't count and the 7's will probably be good half the time. Thus, you need 6:1. You get that, but not a whole lot of overlay. Just call.
Turn: Call. Nothing has changed except you'll be up against a flush now sometimes.
River: fold if bet into. Check if checked to.