Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 11:32 AM

Default 8/16 OTB w/88

I'm getting run over like an 8 year old in Billy Joel's driveway*. I was down like 120 bets on the session (it was a ROUGH session) at worst but have climbed out and am almost in the green. Most of this has been elsewhere though.

CO is probably one of you guys and has been pissing me off because I am getting hands good enough to iso the maniac at the table but this guy is iso-3-betting him 1st and I'm not gonna go 4 cold so I've had to fold a lot.

But I have 3-bet this guy a lot. And won a good amount of the pots. We have played back at each other a good amount so in this hand I didn't want to rule out him making a play at me.

So, folded to him and he opens. I make it 3 with 88 and he now caps. I guess standard capping range for a TAG but I would through small PP's in there (66+). I also think this guy might get tricky with a hand like AA/KK so for some reason I ruled those out. Just rule them out I felt I was right with this.

Flop is QT4r. He bets and I just call. Sometimes I like a raise here but TBH I was looking for a cheapish showdown.

Turn is a blank low card and he bets again. At this point I really think I might be able to find a fold but with our history I put his range on AK/AJ/JJ/99/88/77/66 and didn't think he would bet the river without a better hand than mine.

Anyway the river is a K and he now checks. At this point i decided his hand was very very often 99, sometimes JJ, and rarely a worse PP. I don't think he would ever in a million years go for a c/r here because he knows he could bet/3bet and hands i would bet/call a c/r with.

Anyways, I bet expecting him to fold.

*lol

EDIT: I eff'd this up. Should have done it from the other guys POV. So think what you would think of me if you were him and if you bet both streets what is your river action if you have a hand you think you should check.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: 8/16 OTB w/88

The river bluff looks good to me.

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I eff'd this up. Should have done it from the other guys POV. So think what you would think of me if you were him and if you bet both streets what is your river action if you have a hand you think you should check.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were the other guy, I'd have a difficult time calling with JJ or 99. But, since I'm getting 8:1 and it sounds like we have a history of distrust, I might get stubborn and do it, anticipating looking at a hand like AK or AJ that rivered me.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:19 PM

i think raising the flop would be pretty horrible

i think river is somewhat interesting but not really worth it. people just dont fold after they check pairs
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 PM

Thanks gehrig. I put the flop raise bit in because every time i post a hand where I want river help people tell me about what I did wrong on the flop or whatever.

On the river I said to myself "oh he has 99, sigh" and checked to accept defeat. Just wondering if I should have bet.

yes i did not tell the truth in the post but it's tough to get answers on here sometimes.