Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Online Computer Games

history: I used to play a bunch of Quake in my earlier years. Then played a little unreal tournament...both games I played online. Played a lot of "Capture The Flag" (CTF) and free for alls, but mostly CTF.

Anyway, I bought my puter back in 2000 and never made any upgrades so I haven't really been able to play games online since 03 or 04 or thereabouts. My puter lagged too much and my processor and vid card just couldn't keep up. It sucked playing b/c one second I would be about to kill somebody and next thing I know, the same guy had killed me and my carcass is dead on the ground, watching the same dude running off. It became impossible to play.

So now I have a new kick-ass computer with all of the trimmings and I'm looking to get back to playing these type of games online. Maybe not the same games, but similar. Where are the best games and places to play these days. I used to play on "gamespy or Qspy" something like that anyway. I would obviously like to play at free sites but don't mind paying a little if I have to. Would also like to play games where cheats are forbidden.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-27-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Online Computer Games

If you are into FPS you should pick up battlefield 2142. Its easily the best team game out there. For straight up frag fests you might want to look at counter-strike source if you havent played it already or Unreal Tournament. For RTS you should get company of heroes, and if you want to get into online RPGs get world of warcraft.