Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 AM

Default Madden on PS2

I have Madden 06 and have been playing the Madden titles for years, but I still kinda suck. I can't play defense (the other team always gets off long passes on me). I also can't go through a game without throwing at least 5 picks.

Can anyone give me some good tips for playing better Madden?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Madden on PS2

dude, you know madden 07 is out right?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, you know madden 07 is out right?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I hear it's the same as 06, only with updated rosters.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:30 AM

Madden has sucked for years now.

Just keep playing NFL 2K5.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 AM

Check down, throw to open receivers, abuse playaction.

On defense make sure you play the right formation against the offensive set ie. Bear/43/34 for 2wr formations, Nickel for 3wr, dime or quarter for 4wr.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:12 PM

oh god, the hours and hours I have played madden. My roommates and I all had a team in a franchise and we all played the whole season, etc. Needless to say it was alot of fun

Anyways your question, the easy way to stop long passes is just to play a man defense with safety help over the top. Any long bomb, should be double covered by the CB and the safety over the top. The harder to stop the bomb is to take control of the safety and stop it yourself, tough at first, but when you get the hang of it, your defense becomes so much better, b/c you can do so many more things on defense. Also it is important to use line/lb shifts and playmaker blitzes to get free rushers on the QB

As far as throwing INT's learn the power of the high pass to a big WR on the post pattern. Virtually unstoppable if done correctly. Also run the ball and chuck it up deep on playaction is an easy way to get TD's. Basically if you don't wanna throw INT's get the timing down with your WR's and read the defense's coverage.

If you need more help let me know, for someone who didn't use "cheating" plays or blitzes, I was pretty damn good
Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 PM

I last played 05, and now I just bought 07. Does anyone else find the passing cone that they force you to use in All-Madden mode to be truly awful. It's impossible to accurately maneuver the analog stick while you're moving around in the pocket. There's no button that even lets you switch the lock-on from one receiver to the next during the play (I'm pretty sure there was one in 06). Basically I'm stuck targetting the receiver that I chose before the snap. Really annoying.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I last played 05, and now I just bought 07. Does anyone else find the passing cone that they force you to use in All-Madden mode to be truly awful. It's impossible to accurately maneuver the analog stick while you're moving around in the pocket. There's no button that even lets you switch the lock-on from one receiver to the next during the play (I'm pretty sure there was one in 06). Basically I'm stuck targetting the receiver that I chose before the snap. Really annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try holding R2 and pressing the receiver you want to throw to, it will auto lock then.

Cody
Old 12-14-2006, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try holding R2 and pressing the receiver you want to throw to, it will auto lock then.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! The manual didn't have this, and I couldn't figure it out while practicing.