Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 09:43 AM

Default Should I have bet out on 6th street here

There was some heavy action early in the hand. I thought to check 6th street when I made the wheel. I was hoping that my opponent would think I paired and bet out, allowing me to check raise. Also any other comments on how I played the hand out are appreciated.
Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (13.70 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (8.35 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (11.35 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

River - (11.35 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (13.35 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $26.70 | Rake $1

Hero: [Ac 4d 2s Qh 5s 3d 9s] (Lo: 5,4,3,2,A)

Seat 6: [6c 4s 7d 2d 8s Qs Td]

</font>
Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Should I have bet out on 6th street here

Eh. its close. Hindsight is 20/20. I would have bet 6th because of the stregth you showed on 3rd. Now that you've caught 3 good cards, you can't expect them to think that you have paired and bet.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:12 AM

I'd just bet. No need to get tricky here in a pot that size...just try to get them to come along.

I would be tempted to raise 5th, but with a dead 3, two dead 6s and two dead 7s I think just calling is fine.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:34 PM

I'd definitely raise 5th. As played yeah I think you should bet 6th. Most razz players play very straightforwardly. Go for checkraises when someone actually has the better board but you think you are ahead, rather than times when you have a board lock vs some weak looking hands. Betting out here also covers for the times when you would (semi-)bluff in similar situations.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 PM

hmm i think its a definite and easy bet out. ur board is scary and those guys are along for the ride in my opinion. get full value cuz it might be 37 more orbits before a hand like that comes along again.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:40 PM

I'd just bet. They're calling, right?
Old 12-16-2006, 02:56 AM

Thanks to all for the responses. One of the reasons that I did not raise on 5th was that I was pretty certain that seat 6 definately had a made 8, and that I would not be able to get the other player out by raising. Also the fact that I was still drawing and some of my outs were dead. I figured that by raising I would just be charging myself more to draw here. When I caught the 3 on 6th I thought that by checking seat 6 would think that I paired and bet out with his 8 to protect his hand as seat 7 also appeared to be drawing to a better low than he had. With the previous action I believed that it would appear possible that I had paired. I am guessing that I over thought it.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:12 AM

Seat 6 might also be paired. Players in small games are notoriously passive, and I don't like to depend on them to do my betting for me.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 6 might also be paired. Players in small games are notoriously passive, and I don't like to depend on them to do my betting for me.

[/ QUOTE ]