Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Wrap OOP

.25/.50 live game, 6 handed. Effective stacks around $60.

I'm the BB with QJT9r, limped to button who pots, SB folds, I call, UTG and MP call.

I put button on AAxx or KKxx here most of the time. There's some chance it could be a "pretty" hand like 9988ds or something too. UTG and MP could have literally any hands here.

Flop is KQ7 (two clubs).

I check, UTG checks, MP checks, button pots for $11.25. I think long and hard and eventually repot, making it $45, leaving ~$15 behind.

I'm not worried about UTG or MP because with any hands they would've led out when checked to.

UTG and MP fold, button calls. I pushed my last $15 blind before the turn, he called blind.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Wrap OOP

I think too many of your outs are tainted here. Your only clean outs are aces and nines not of clubs. If button has aces, he has some of your outs, could easily have at least a gutshot killing some more of your outs, and could easily have clubs. If he doesn't have aces he most likely has a set of kings. Neither scenario seems super.

That said you'll take the pot down a lot on the flop, but when he does call I think your money is going in bad.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:04 AM

I think people over-value wraps on potential flush boards a lot. If you end up stacking against a set and a flush draw, you're in awful shape. If the middle two players really can't be sandbagging, and the pfr is likely to c-bet with weak holdings, then your play is obviously fine, but your reads seem questionable.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:22 AM

I hate doing this on a 2 flush board. I am skeptical about how many of your outs here are clean
Old 12-12-2006, 11:23 AM

If it was a KQ7 rainbow this is a good line. In the current state then you've gotta fold as others have said you've got tainted outs. If you had clubs too then its would be an easy shove
Old 12-12-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...your reads seem questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fair, but to support my reads this is a home game where we've been playing once or twice a week for almost two years. These are the best reads I could possibly have on anyone at this point, which means not 100% accurate, but as close as I can come to that.

[ QUOTE ]
I think people over-value wraps on potential flush boards a lot. If you end up in stacking against a set and a flush draw, you're in awful shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about this hand, the more I agree with you. That I had bottom wrap and could be further dominated by a hand like AKKT doesn't help either.

I didn't specify earlier, but the king on board was a club, so if he indeed had top set his flush making ability was much more limited. That did factor in to my decision.

Looking back, I think folding to the flop pot bet would be best, and use the old "wait for a better spot to get my money in" excuse. I think I need to learn to let go of these hands that look great but really won't play that well if I get any stiff resistance.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:26 PM

It's a cheap home game. You don't fold a wrap in a home game. Just put your money in the pot and hope you hit something.