Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 PM

Default Old College Roomate Sends Apology Letter - **Part II** - PLOT THICKENS

ok...I couldn't leave well enough alone...

the kid emailed me back and I emailed him back and I guess I finally got to the bottom of it. The guy was one of those vid-freaks like in American Beauty...he used to video record everything that went on. So here are the emails and response...

Email from me to old roomate.

"I'm gonna ask you something you don't necessarily have to answer.

Are you in some kind of ongoing 12-step or other recovery program? Reason I ask is that your gesture resembles someone who is AA or similar program...

I wouldn't say your letter was "wierd" per se, but it definitely is out of the ordinary and really just sparks my curiosity."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Email in response:

"ha, no not at all. its just that i had not watched any of those camcorder tapes of mine in many many years, like since soph yr. most people do not have the luxury, or perhaps burden, of seeing themselves exactly as they were at a different time in their life. i watched them and i was appalled at what a jerk i was. thats why i said that the way i acted towards you really had less to do with anything about you, bc i actually thought you were a pretty cool guy, and more to do with my own shittiness. soooo, anyways i watched those tapes and i realized that i had acted in some ways that i am now quite ashamed of. seeing as how you had to live with me for an entire yr, and given our falling out at the end, i figured you at least deserved an explanation as to why i was such a dick. i know you havent been living your life wondering why your freshman yr roommate sucked, but i still feel really bad about the way things went down. well, the past is past. though, since writing that letter, i have decided to get rid of all of those tapes. perhaps it sounds melodramatic, but it really is painful to see how much of an idiot i was. i dont need to watch them ever again. the only thing i can ask of you, on your honor, is that you be honest with me. there was that one time that you took a tape out of my camcorder, which makes me think that perhaps you watched some of my other tapes. i just want to know if, for any reason, you ever copied any of those tapes? there is alot of stuff on those that could hurt alot of people. for instance, remember when ______________ (deleted) around and video taped it? i mean, i know its still kinda funny (ok really funny), but stuff like that should live on in weston lore, not on youtube. ya know what i mean? the same could be said for alot of [censored] on there. just please be honest with me, so that i can have some closure on this whole thing one way or another. if you never copied any of them, great, if you did, then just let me know. either way, like i said, im glad that you got the letter and that you dont hold a grudge from the past. what are you up to these days anyways?"

AHHH, I told you it was bull$hit. He just wanted to get me to be curious so I would respond and he would ask this question...

now do I be honest (I saw only one tape and never copied any of them obviously, I'm not a psycho) or do I let him sweat it out.

anyone else see how manipulative this is?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Old College Roomate Sends me Apology Letter - Part II - PLOT THICK

"anyone else see how manipulative this is?"

No, not really. Does he seem disingenuous to you? As someone who in the past has regretted being a bad person, I've thought and said some very similar things to what he is saying.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Old College Roomate Sends Apology Letter - **Part II** - PLOT THICKENS

It's weird, but what's in it for him, other than what he says?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"anyone else see how manipulative this is?"

No, not really. Does he seem disingenuous to you? As someone who in the past has regretted being a bad person, I've thought and said some very similar things to what he is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I thought you were Tuq until I seen your name. Whose avatar is this afterall for [censored] sake?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 PM

You're a jerk. What is your problem?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:40 PM

Dementia,

The "tuq" account is a gimmick account of mine. So is "ScottHoward" and "punkass" and "Aloysius".

Default Re: Old College Roomate Sends Apology Letter - **Part II** - PLOT THIC

[ QUOTE ]
ok...I couldn't leave well enough alone...

the kid emailed me back and I emailed him back and I guess I finally got to the bottom of it. The guy was one of those vid-freaks like in American Beauty...he used to video record everything that went on. So here are the emails and response...

Email from me to old roomate.

"I'm gonna ask you something you don't necessarily have to answer.

Are you in some kind of ongoing 12-step or other recovery program? Reason I ask is that your gesture resembles someone who is AA or similar program...

I wouldn't say your letter was "wierd" per se, but it definitely is out of the ordinary and really just sparks my curiosity."

Email in response:

"ha, no not at all. its just that i had not watched any of those camcorder tapes of mine in many many years, like since soph yr. most people do not have the luxury, or perhaps burden, of seeing themselves exactly as they were at a different time in their life. i watched them and i was appalled at what a jerk i was. thats why i said that the way i acted towards you really had less to do with anything about you, bc i actually thought you were a pretty cool guy, and more to do with my own shittiness. soooo, anyways i watched those tapes and i realized that i had acted in some ways that i am now quite ashamed of. seeing as how you had to live with me for an entire yr, and given our falling out at the end, i figured you at least deserved an explanation as to why i was such a dick. i know you havent been living your life wondering why your freshman yr roommate sucked, but i still feel really bad about the way things went down. well, the past is past. though, since writing that letter, i have decided to get rid of all of those tapes. perhaps it sounds melodramatic, but it really is painful to see how much of an idiot i was. i dont need to watch them ever again. the only thing i can ask of you, on your honor, is that you be honest with me. there was that one time that you took a tape out of my camcorder, which makes me think that perhaps you watched some of my other tapes. i just want to know if, for any reason, you ever copied any of those tapes? there is alot of stuff on those that could hurt alot of people. for instance, remember when ______________ (deleted) around and video taped it? i mean, i know its still kinda funny (ok really funny), but stuff like that should live on in weston lore, not on youtube. ya know what i mean? the same could be said for alot of [censored] on there. just please be honest with me, so that i can have some closure on this whole thing one way or another. if you never copied any of them, great, if you did, then just let me know. either way, like i said, im glad that you got the letter and that you dont hold a grudge from the past. what are you up to these days anyways?"

AHHH, I told you it was bull$hit. He just wanted to get me to be curious so I would respond and he would ask this question...

now do I be honest (I saw only one tape and never copied any of them obviously, I'm not a psycho) or do I let him sweat it out.

anyone else see how manipulative this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like one of the tapes got out, and now he's trying to figure out who's responsible. I thought he sounded really apologetic and well-adjusted until he started badgering you about the tapes.

Agree. The dude is highly manipulative. I would eff with him.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a jerk. What is your problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I over-reacted with the term "manipulative" to this question but why would he think I would steal his videos and post them on youtube or whatever?

I don't know, I just think his final question pokes a hole in his entire letter.

But there was, in the end, an ulterior motive, to get an answer to the tapes question.

But no I'm not a jerk...I'm a nice guy if you get to know me, and quite loyal...
Old 12-08-2006, 08:42 PM

I thought the part about YouTube was just a way of him saying that he didn't want people getting hurt by these videos being circulated.