Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 AM

Default PHL at NYG -5

Not sure I understand this line. Eagles got 2 turnovers, including 1 very lucky tip and runback for TD, didn't score the last 35 mins, and were lucky to win by 2, while NYG carved up Carolina on the road [CAR was injured but still].

PHL still can't stop the run to save their life. NYG has to win this game to stay atop the wild-card chase.
Garcia has thrown at least 5 bad balls right into CB's hands that have been dropped. His luck will run out.
NYG is getting healthier. I would think NYG is >2.5 pts better on a neutral field when the Eagles are missing McNabb.

As an Iggle fan, I normally bet them when I think there is value if they are the 'dog, but not this game.

Thoughts?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Re: PHL at NYG -5

Eh, seems about right to me. You could argue it should be a point more but that wouldn't make much of a difference.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:15 AM

I will admit that I didn't get to see either the eagles or gmen games this week. I have seen the highlights, not that that means much.

I think taking the gmen -3 against the panthers was the easiest pick all week. Do you remember how horrible Weinke was like 4 or 5 years back (whenever he was the starter)? He was horrible as a starter. Also, the panthers were missing both of their starting CBs in this game. Do you think Eli will throw for 2 TDs 0 INTs against lito and sheldon? Not me.

I'm not sold on eli or the gmen. I did watch garcia on MNF against carolina and he looked decent. I'm not saying he will make the probowl or anything, but he was on 2 BAD teams in detroit and cleveland. And while wash has a crap record they have not necesarily been a pushover this season.

You're right about the eagles horrible run D, but if they stack the box, can eli consistently make plays to beat them? I see this being a close game personally.

Like I said, I didnt watch the NY game, but I don't think you can give them much credit for beating that panthers team. The panthers were done after the philly game on MNF IMO. This analysis is pretty half ass, but I like philly +5, but i think money will come in and bump philly to +6 or +6.5 later in the week.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
, while NYG carved up Carolina on the road [CAR was injured but still].

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch this game Naj? I didn't follow it closely as I had no action on it. The box score shows Carolina outgaing the Giants by a 3-2 margin but losing the turnover battle 3-0 which doesn't look like a carving up. Haven't read the New York paper yet today (hey, I'm unemployed and lazy) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 10:11 AM

The Giants did "carve them up". For much of the game, Carolina could not stop the run in particular (except for Brandon Jacobs). With the Giants up more than 2 scores from the mid/late 3rd quarter on, they played more of a prevent defense, which allowed Carolina to gain yards but eat the clock. I'm pretty sure this is why you see Carolina outgaining the Giants. Also, the Giants' last scoring drive resulted from a Gibril Wilson interception, which gave the Giants the ball inside the Carolina 30.

When the game was still a game, it was not a contest.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 PM

Thanks niss, that's what I was looking for. When I see 5 posted in a late season divisional game with both teams still in contention I look hard at the dog. Think I'll pass on this one though.