Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 12:55 PM

Default Buried Aces brings in, HU against LAG 3/6 Hi

My first stud post!

Villain in this hand is a tough LAG who reads hands well for this limit. I have hundreds of hands against him in 5/10 6max LHE and 3/6 stud. He has a tendency to overplay big concealed pairs and plays draws aggressively. He's loose but pushes hard to limit the field.

HU he makes good reads and takes a b/c line if he's high and will b/c whenever he's checked to. If you're heads up with him he's taking you to showdown unless your board is super ugly.

FTP 3/6 Stud Hi
No HH - this is from memory. We were 5 handed.

Seat 2: xx xx 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_ folds
Seat 5: xx xx T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_ folds
Villain: xx xx A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] _ completes__3-bets__calls
Hero: [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]__brings in__raises__caps

4th
Villain: xx xx A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]__bets__3-bets_calls
Hero: [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]__raises__caps

5th
Villain: xx xx A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] __bets__calls
Hero: [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] _raises

6th
Villain: xx xx A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] __checks
Hero: [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] __ Hero?

Looking for comments on all streets. Thanks!

Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Buried Aces brings in, HU against LAG 3/6 Hi

I figure he has the other 2 aces or some other big pair in the hole. Otherwise, why would he go all the way on a pure bluff? That would be maniacal. If he does have the Aces, you may be out kicked...By 6th, he's scared of your flush & I'd bet into him. If he thinks you have a flush, then by all means, represent that baby!

If you don't mind me asking, who is this? I play alot in the FT 3/6 games & know from experience that it could be a number of players.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:10 PM

I looked REALLY hard to find a reason for you to play the first 5 streets any differently than you did...and I could not find one.

I would Insta-Bet 6th!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 PM

Good chance you're ahead against a big buried pair here, you have flush draw so I bet sixth.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:29 PM

I see the only reason to bet here is for value. You have a lot of out but from the way the hand has been played os far, I would be surprised if you had the best hand now.

I think you also put in a little too much action in earlier in the hand. When he 3 bets you on fourth street did it cross your mind that maybe he actually has aces with a better kicker? If not, what the heck is he betting. A LAG is not a manaic.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:34 PM

Easy check, very easy
Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 PM

it really depends how bad this guy is. Op described him as a good player who can read hands. After, OP caps 3rd, villian must give OP a big pair in the whole as well. So his 3 bet on 4th is a sign of strength.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM

You are correct about 4th street and villain at least having a better kicker. When I thought about this, I agree that OP should have slowed-down at that point. But with the flush draw plus AA on 6th street, I'd still bet it for value, especially since I'd get to act last on the river.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 PM

Just to clarify, I think this Villain plays well even though it may look like he spews every now and then. I don't necessarily like having him at my tables because his aggression makes the other players play better. He is predictable, though.

His 3-bet on 4th does not necessarily mean he has us beat.

I like his check on 6th. If we take the free card on 6th he will bet 100% of the time on 7th. What's the plan if we don't improve? This pot is huge.

If we bet 6th he won't fold but we may get a free SD if we don't improve.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After, OP caps 3rd, villian must give OP a big pair in the whole as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily....this is FTP....any 3 SOOOOTED cards is a great hand no matter how many raises you have to call. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

That's how they play...most of them anyway!!!