Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 02:30 AM

Default 50 NL tp2k vs donkish

this isnt a normal line for me but villain had been raising his button alot and limping lots of hands as well hes 40/15/1.7

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $59.05
Button: $61.85
SB: $53
Hero: $52.55

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($11.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($29.25, 2 players)

Action??? check flop? check turn?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:58 AM

Default Re: 50 NL tp2k vs donkish

This is a prime example of why being OOP sucks.

Tough spot, you'd expect he would most likely reraise w QQ-AA pre. Would this guy call a 3-bet pre w Ax clubs or lower suited connectors? Realistically, what could he be calling that flop with, either a set, an overpair or a massive draw. Could be AcJ at worst probably. I'm inclined to give up here and check/fold to any sizable bet. If he checks behind assume a draw and decide from there.

You've shown massive strength to this point, but your hand isn't all that strong, if he's still here I think you're most likely beat.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:08 AM

check the flop.

i dont like pf, even if he is 45/15.

just call and play OOP.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a prime example of why being OOP sucks.

Tough spot, you'd expect he would most likely reraise w QQ-AA pre. Would this guy call a 3-bet pre w Ax clubs or lower suited connectors? Realistically, what could he be calling that flop with, either a set, an overpair or a massive draw. Could be AcJ at worst probably. I'm inclined to give up here and check/fold to any sizable bet. If he checks behind assume a draw and decide from there.

You've shown massive strength to this point, but your hand isn't all that strong, if he's still here I think you're most likely beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Waxhead put it very well here. I personally would have a lot of difficulty making this line work, especially when I am running meh or on downswing.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:11 AM

checking the flop is terrible. He's raising the button with a very wide range of hands here, and is probably calling your re-raise with anything half decent. He decided he liked his hand on the flop. The turn card doesn't matter except that it re-opens betting. He would probably shove A2c type hands on the flop, as well as any other combo draw hands. He's going to put you on a big hand for re-popping OOP, so I think big draws are pretty much out. I think he probably has something like AJ or QQ, and is waiting on the turn action to decide what to do. It's important in hands like this to put yourself in Villain's shoes given what you know about him and make a decision from there. I think this is a check/fold.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:14 AM

only thing is is that my HUD wasnt working so i didnt have exact stats on him and it was about 5 orbits in in which he raised his button like 4 of them. so based on that i figured range was real wide, hence the line.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:16 AM

c/f turn....as played looks good
Old 12-08-2006, 04:18 AM

i dont ever think id check this drawish of a flop in a raised pot. esp a 3 bet one