Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Razz BB/100 win rate

Can any of you winning Razz players tell me what your win rates are? I would like to compare it to LHE.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Razz BB/100 win rate

5.17 over 18,xxx hands

God I hope this isn't just variance! I do know however its mostly because my opponents suck.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 12:31 AM

Looks good, better than LHE if that is the norm.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 01:48 AM

As far as I know, it's just *TT*. I had a similarly gawdy win rate for live stud/8 for a time a while back. When a game is that good, it just can't sustain itself. If *TT* is taking that kind of money off the table, and especially if anyone else is posting similar numbers, the other players just aren't going to win often enough to keep them interested.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, it's just *TT*. I had a similarly gawdy win rate for live stud/8 for a time a while back. When a game is that good, it just can't sustain itself. If *TT* is taking that kind of money off the table, and especially if anyone else is posting similar numbers, the other players just aren't going to win often enough to keep them interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what its worth, I actually agree. Its a statistical anomaly because the games are soooo juicy right now, it wont be that way forever. Also the Full Tilt games aren't as good as the Stars games are, but its close.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what levels TT is playing, but every time I've played 5/10 that I can recall I was the only person that I noticed that I thought was playing even remotely well. At 10/20 there would often be one other guy playing fairly solid, but they'd often be too weak/exploitable on later streets against me and they didn't completely maximize against the bad players. The way they play reminds me a lot of the way some of the tight probably slight winners at 5/10 2-7 play.

I think the fact that the games go pretty infrequently is one of the biggest reasons the games are so good, because I feel like the 10/20 HORSE that is going almost always has gotten pretty horrible/not even worth playing for me compared to what they were like when it started.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:37 AM

So piggy-backing off this question and the responses...is PT-Stud worth getting if it is going to be used mostly for Razz?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So piggy-backing off this question and the responses...is PT-Stud worth getting if it is going to be used mostly for Razz?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have it, and I say yes.

I really wish I knew some of my stats for Stud games, especially now since a huge majority of the action I've put in since September is in Stud 8, and I've long since gotten too lazy to keep track of my monetary results in Stud games on a long list in Word like I used too. So, while I know I'm up a fair amount in these games (quit keeping track lateish Sep/early Oct), I have absolutely no clue how much exactly and even if I did I'd have no clue how many hands since when I did keep results on Stud games it was just based on hours played which was usually a fairly rough estimation. I'm hoping that Stars is awesome and is able to send really old hand histories, because as soon as this school quarter is over I'm going to force myself to start playing hands again, and not knowing what I'm doing/100 hands among other things is completely unnaceptable to me over the course of any decent amount of hands. My currently laziness covers less than 100 hours of non PT games, but not knowing anything other than I have more money online than I did when I quit keeping track makes me feel like a losing player somehow anyway.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:35 AM

Long before I played Holdem I played stud and then discovered Low Ball or Razz and it came easy to me. I'm playing both LHE, NLHE and Razz right now. Just playing one game was really boring. It just seems the variance is a lot less, which leads me to another question. Wouldn't that mean you don't need as big of a BR for Razz as you do for Holdem?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It just seems the variance is a lot less, which leads me to another question. Wouldn't that mean you don't need as big of a BR for Razz as you do for Holdem?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering this myself.I've been a razzaholic ever since Party told me to take my rake elsewhere.
I worked my way up to 5/10 pretty quickly.I take the occasional shot at 8/16 although I'm not rolled for it...or am I?Variance seems to be a smaller range.Is 200 bb's enough?