Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Should I fold his \"all-in\" ?

I hit my flush, but he's all-in with a pair on the board. Should I fold?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($4.33)
BB ($1.38)
UTG ($4.17)
MP1 ($8.67)
MP2 ($2.28)
CO ($2.95)
Button ($8.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.06) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.08</font>, BB calls $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08.

River: ($0.30) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.28</font>, MP2 folds, Hero (???)
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Should I fold his \"all-in\" ?

I think you call this. If he made a boat its just bad luck.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 AM

I wouldn't overbet on turn. Snapcall river.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:05 AM

IMO villians hand looks more like a higher flush than a full house. Any reads? If not I think I fold to the higher flush.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 AM

This is an easy call, it could be a full house but also could be donk slowplaying Jx or a smaller flush, or air. People at this level try all kinds of crazy things trying to get you to fold the best hand which noone ever does. The only thing I'm really afraid of is Axc. Any reads on the player would be helpful. Obviously if he only raises with the nuts you might think twice but I still would call this most times. Don't over bet the turn, a pot sized bet will do here.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:16 AM

It is at least a call, but basically I wouldn't mind just shoving this. Holla !

I think you will see a slowplayed jack very often ... question is if it has hit its kicker ... ??

Also just as often you will be shown air (a busted straightdraw)

Sometimes a nonjack pocketpair.

Also a flush will appear often, chances are it is smaller than yours ... etc etc.

I must admit though, that while I should be thinking in BB's, I can't help to be thinking ... hey, it is just 2$ ... hit it.

On the other hand, I feel the same way when playing 25NL as opposed to 50 or 100NL and actually I suspect it is one of the reasons that I do better here than at the higher stakes.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:17 AM

Easy call. In theory his turn call should be a made hand probably Jx with x being a high card. Possibly though you are facing a turned boat with 44. Regardless absent a read this is a call every time.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:39 AM

call this all day. this is trips or a worse flush more times then it is a better flush or a boat
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM

OK so why are we calling this? We think it is often trips. I can't see trips very often here because BB never made a move to build the pot on the flop or turn nor did he try to discourage draws on the 2 club turn. Not often trips IMO.

A worse flush? Perhaps but it should be clear to the villian that Hero was playing a draw. When the 3rd club hits the board and Hero makes a pot size bet after playing a draw to the river, if I'm villian I curse and call with a lower flush. I think this play is most often the nut flush (i.e. Axc) Occassionally villian might hold 55

Agreed there is some possibility of it being air but I think very low probability since villian has to be betting 2+ times the pot size that hero (who was obviously on a draw) missed his draw and was bluffing the pot, on the river, with air. Not very good thinking by villain IMO since the third club hit.

Of course there are other possibilities but the preponderance of factors leads me to believe villain holds Axc or 55 more often than not so I can't call his all in bet. I think we are beat here 75% of the time or more.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:21 AM

Easy call. AJ probably does this...pretty much any J will value raise the river. A smaller flush is also likely to do this. There are more likely hands that you beat than those that beat you.