Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 12:50 AM

Default Donkament hand #2

Table is 8-handed, blinds are 250/500.

UTG is a pretty bad, he open pots, folded to me OTB & I call w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] everyone else is folded and its HU.

FLOP: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain pots, I re-pot & villain is all-in. I have him covered by about 1K chips.

Hate it, like it, what?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Donkament hand #2

[ QUOTE ]
Hate it, like it, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] it an option?

What are stack sizes.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 AM

we both have nearly the same stacks, about 9-10K which is abit more than average stack left in the donkament.i have villain covered by like 1K
Old 12-05-2006, 02:17 AM

no low draw, the extra heart missing, villian prolly has an ace. I think i'm picking a better spot with this chip stack. I don't think this is the hand to make a stand with. Too difficult to scoop, too easy to be scooped.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:25 AM

i'm lazy to run the sim, but in my experience I go busto a lot shoving against his range.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm lazy to run the sim, but in my experience I go busto a lot shoving against his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This has "trouble hand" written all over it. First off, you may be behind in the hand. If he is opening with junk or opening with a huge range, at this point, you don't know if the other guy has two pair, or trip threes. Second, all you are drawing to is a flush. That's it. You don't have much of anything here. I know, KK and the flush draw LOOKS pretty, but trust me, fold. You really don't have much here.

THE HUN.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:46 AM

Meh. Either villain has a bunch of low cards and therefore has 40% of the equity in the pot (due to the likely low) plus whatever high or high draws he may have, or else he likely has you beat for high (AAxx, maybe even just xx36) and you have only the flush to draw to. Unless villain is super aggro monkey I don't see how you're ahead here.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 PM

If your low handn't been counterfitted I could see a push here, but since it has I'd wait for a better spot. You know he's not going to fold, ever.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:41 PM

Wackjob - I remember this hand, I was your opponent in the tournament, it was the FT $109. We were down to about 15 players out of 67, paying 8 places. The blinds were of course getting pretty big, and I was UTG or UTG + 1. I had black Aces with one of them suited to a queen. My thought process was that I didn't want to hang around and try to squeak in to the money. Our stacks were about on the median, but slightly below the actual mean. I decided to drive aces in that instance, because I needed to make a chip move. I don't tend to overrate aces in the cash games, but in this case it made sense to me. After I opened for the pot, obviously I was pushing post-flop regardless. It worked out for me this time, as no heart fell, I doubled up, and ended up with a pretty good finish (4th).

I think this was an interesting hand in retrospect. Any comments are welcomed.

I'm curious why you thought I was a "pretty bad" player. I don't mean that defensively, it would interest me to hear other observations. FWIW, I have done pretty ok in tourneys lately, 3rd in Stars PLO rebuy last week, recently won FTP $109 PLO (small field), won the Party PLO8 before it closed, also recently came 3rd in FTP $109 NLHE (6-max). By the way, that 6-max tournament is really challenging, I recommend it if you haven't played it. Hard to multi-table when you're playing in that one.

Thanks for any input you might have.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:51 AM

When I only see a few hands against an opponent I make a preliminary judgement. I felt your play w/AA in early position with basically no lo & then your postflop over eager push w/no redraws and basically no lo draw was pretty poor. Of course you did win the hand, but you weren't more than a coin toss to win hi Postflop, and I think an A7 lo draw. At any rate, my first assumption about other players is often wrong, often I peg bad players as decent and good players as morons!