Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Goofyballer\'s unballer day (new ---$$$ record!)

Last 48 hours of my life...unedited. This is TRUE LIFE: GOOFYBALLER!

At 4am on Thursday I'm working on a project for my AI class; we have a presentation to give at 9am the next day, huge beat. I'm tired as hell because my sleep schedule is messed up and I woke up at like 2pm the previous day. I managed to get away with taking a nap from 9pm-11pm; I was hoping I would sleep long enough that I could just stay up through class and then take a nap afterwards, but it became evident that wasn't happening. About 6:30am I finish my part of the presentation, e-mail my slides to our group leader, take a nap until 8:30am.

Wake up, head to class, group leader says that my e-mail didn't contain the slides, b/c my school's e-mail web client sucks and makes you click like 5 buttons to attach something. Great. I frantically re-create a crappier version on his laptop before class since driving back home isn't an option, do the presentation, stick around until class gets out at 2pm, drive home.

Oh, forgot to mention: it was my birthday, I'm 22 years old now. My parents and sister called during a break, I talked to them, that was cool. I get home and there's a cake waiting on my doorstep from my parents!

Obviously it's been eaten a little before that picture was taken. Anyway, I suddenly get a smart idea and decide to call the girl I mentioned in this thread and ask if she wants to share the cake with me over a movie tonight. She instantly says "yes"; awesome! Later she calls back and says she forgot about something she had to do but instead of cancelling on me just said we'd have to do it later, despite getting no sleep and being tired as hell; obviously she wants my nuts.

So, I take a nap, wake up about 7pm, clean up the place a bit, she calls and says she wants to do it at her place so if she falls asleep she's already near her bed. That's fine, I head over ("later" turns out to be around 10pm), she asks if I want to go to Blockbuster and rent Superman Returns, cool w/ me, I drive (BRAG: I opened her car door for her both going there and coming back, BEAT: She didn't unlock my door either time, and I don't have automatic locks) we get the movie head back. We set up shop in her living room, a little through the movie she sits back down from getting some knitting and is sitting close enough that our shoulders are touching, I decide that's the cue and go to put my arm around her shoulder...aaaand it's awkward. Like 30 seconds later she gets up when she hears a roommate walk in the front door or something, but it totally felt forced and like she got up cause she was uncomfortable. I don't try again for the rest of the night. Movie ends, I go home, she walks me to the front door and gives me a hug but there's no "go for a kiss" vibe whatsoever. HUGE BEAT.

I go home, beat off, go to sleep about 4 or 5am.

Wake up around 5pm Friday (skipped class), call a girl friend to see what the plan is for tonight; a couple days ago she said that she and her roommates wanted to take me out Friday for my birthday. This should be cool, hang out with cute girls, they buy me drinks, maybe I'll find some cute girl that likes goofy ballers! She calls back a couple hours later, says that it's raining so she and her friends prob aren't gonna go out, great. I go to Subway, eat dinner, she doesn't call back by like 10pm or so, I decide to start playing.

I proceed, over the next 6 hours, to have the losingest session of my life.

Posting hands would just add to the pain, but it was the kind of night where every single bluff was up against a monster (I 5 bet shoved into AK w/ AJ against a super LAG opening OTB, I c/r shoved riv w/ air against a moron who I was convinced had nothing and he had trips), at least 3 gutshots got hit against me (usually when I had a set and didn't pair board on riv). Some [censored] donk LRRed me preflop when I had AK and then had KK on a AKx flop. I did not tilt once, and I even think for a long stretch of that graph I was playing pretty well.

At least I have one friend in this world:

BRAG: It was cheap (like $6 maybe?) and tastes good. Current plan: get drunk, watch some stupid romantic comedy, laugh/cry myself to sleep.

WHAT IT DO BBV
Old 12-09-2006, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Goofyballer\'s unballer day (new ---$$$ record!)

I demand my money back, no tears here son.

But your still my hero goofy, you know you'll make it all back, get the girl, and have an awesome forthcoming week <3
Old 12-09-2006, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and have an awesome forthcoming week <3

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I have 4 finals next week.

Also, I left off the part where I went broke with KK to top set against a 60/6/3.0 donk (who was playing back at me in every raised pot) for 200bbs on a .4/.8 deep table. A few orbits later, he bets $0.80 on the riv of a $38 pot where I have AQ on AJ52A board; since the default raise amount in the betting box is $1.60, and I'm used to it only being one digit or so, my click+drag to highlight the amount and type in a new one only grabs the 3 leftmost characters. I type in 32, which of course Full Tilt interprets as $320 since the 0 didn't get erased, and I accidentally shove for another 200bbs. He times down and calls with 55.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:30 AM

I didnt read this..because I have 2 many tables and im pawning carrotsnake but cool post. love the pics.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:49 AM

I wonder if Mr. Jesus and Superman would get along.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG WE ARE ON SAME WAVELENGTH!!!1 I AM TEH FASTEST THO!!

Old 12-09-2006, 10:06 AM

I have no shame, so enjoy

AJFenix: whyd the whole arm thing become awkward
AJFenix: id look at her and give her a charming smile
AJFenix: as i did it
goofyballer: well
goofyballer: first of all when I went for it I assumed she would see my arm coming and lean forward so I could get it around, but she didn't, so I lightly hit her head
AJFenix: rofl
AJFenix: how was
AJFenix: this detail
AJFenix: not included
goofyballer: b/c then I just look stupid
AJFenix: so
AJFenix: its bbv
AJFenix: thats a bbv detail
AJFenix: thats a beat
AJFenix: well
AJFenix: maybe variance
AJFenix: could be variance
goofyballer: anyway then she said something about her hair, I forget what, and she messed with it for a second and leaned forward and I put my arm around her
goofyballer: but she didn't really move closer to me or anything like you would expect her to
goofyballer: you know, like turn a little and lean on my chest
goofyballer: or w/e
AJFenix: sounding pretty gay
goofyballer: yeah well it was pretty gay if you were there experiencing it also

AJFenix: iunno maybe you had a bad read?
goofyballer: well I dunno if you've read the other threads i've had about this chick
goofyballer: but every single sign before this one points to her being interested in me
AJFenix: ah
AJFenix: well i meant
AJFenix: read of the moment
AJFenix: not of that
goofyballer: oh
goofyballer: well like when the movie started we were sitting maybe a a foot away from each other
goofyballer: and then she gets up and comes back and sits down w/ shoulders + arms touching
goofyballer: I thought the read was pretty clear
goofyballer: but I did bluff into huge hands twice tonight for stacks so wtf do I know
Old 12-09-2006, 10:22 AM

good read goofyballer...where do you play .80 nl?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:24 AM

thats why it sucks to do [censored] like this on a "first date" or whatever. There wont be enough prompts while watching a movie that lead to you touching her, unlike if you are out and about doing [censored].

anyways enough oot talk

corrupt this innocents soul, show her the pleasure of bodily sin, Mr. Jesus is no match for her wanton desire to have her snatch filled and stretched.

p.s. dont wear a rubber and dont pull out.

p.p.s. when she reverts back to her old ways and lets Mr. Jesus persuade her to not abort, you must deny deny deny. Otherwise shes got you for 18 years, 18 years
She got one of yo kids got you for 18 years
I know somebody payin child support for one of his kids
His baby momma car, crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV Any Given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was spose to buy ya shorty tyco with ya money
She went to the doctor got lipo with ya money
She walkin around lookin like Michael with ya money
Old 12-09-2006, 10:49 AM

I just read this and this was awesome goofyballer. You have a unique writting style and its always fun to read these. As for girl, what made it so awkward? Is there no flare in the relationship? What should you have done diffrently?