Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Finding Yourself Heads Up

Okay, so I have outplayed them all bar one player. The two of us are now playing for first. What strategy needs to be enforced? I try to win these pre-flop or get it allin preflop (also throwing in some standard raises preflop). Is this the right strategy?

I had a lot of trouble against someone who just kept folding preflop to my allins and when he called the standards raises from the big blind he would bet/bluff the flop successfully.

What is the approach to playing a sit n go when you have got it down to just the two of you?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Finding Yourself Heads Up

depends on the blinds.
with high blinds its just a matter of ICM as usual.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:43 PM

this is too general of a question, it depends on reads, #s, stacks, and blinds and images. get sngpt, read the tutorial on HU play and the nash equilibrium, its a gem.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:55 PM

[I had a lot of trouble against someone who just kept folding preflop to my allins and when he called the standards raises from the big blind he would bet/bluff the flop successfully]

this is why i rarely make standard raises HU. i also like to steal flops after an opponent makes a standard raise, and also resteal pf,too. as to the rest, it's just a matter of figuring out your opponent and using good push/fold strategy.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:57 PM

diditmyway,

No ICM HU.

Al Miruri,

As AMT says, this is way too general. But, if you have a specific problem that when the stacks are relatively deep and your opponent is calling you preflop and then taking the pot on the flop, you probably need to raise a little less often preflop and be a little more aggressive postflop. Some of that increased aggression post flop should be getting the last big bet all in when you have no particular reason to believe he necessarily has a strong hand and you have some outs even when he does.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:00 PM

No Icm hu? hmmzzzz I just see it as a Sb/Bb situation and push most hands from Sb if i figure Bb is tight and the blinds give me +Ev.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No Icm hu? hmmzzzz I just see it as a Sb/Bb situation and push most hands from Sb if i figure Bb is tight and the blinds give me +Ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold Equity is still a valid concept HU. You often push rather than just raise, simply because stacks are short and you'd be forced to call a reraise.

icmEV = chipEV when you are HU. I could explain a little more, but my kids are betting me to be Ang (?) the Avatar in some game. I'm off to bend air or something.