Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 04:59 PM

Default What do I do (Money stolen on my account)??????

The other day I was playing on PokerStars and placed second in two multis and had about 2 thousand dollars in my account when I went to bed. In the morning I woke up and signed into PokerStars to see that all my money was gone. I immediatly contacted PokerStars and they traced the IP adresses to two people that I know. Now that I know and have physical evidence of who it was that played with the money in my account and tried dumping it, what is the best action you think I should take to get my money back. Is it best to go to court, or is it even possible to go to court. If there is any other consideration I would like to hear it. If you are someone that has had this happen to you I would appreciate it you can post a reply or email me at jdworth@indiana.edu.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: What do I do (Money stolen on my account)??????

I would "off" them.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 PM

I'm assuming that they played legitimately and simply lost it, rather than just dumping it to one player. If the latter, than Pokerstars can investigate and freeze that account and in the end you may get your money back.

But if they just lost it legitimately, I think you're out of luck. I doubt a lawsuit will work very well, because the amount involved is probably not worth the cost, and it sounds like they wouldn't have the 2K to pay you even if you won.
But if they do have the money, just try confronting them and see how they react. If they're big-time ballas to whom 2K means nothing, they may just pay you out of embarassment. (Doesn't sound likely tho)
Or you can threaten to go to the police. Don't think they can do anything, but if they don't know that, they may be intimidated into paying up. Or threaten to sue for same purpose. Or even hint at reporting them to the IRS. All just leverage so they'd pay. None of these threats will have any teeth behind them.
But if they ain't got the money, you can't squeeze blood from a rock.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I know and have physical evidence of who it was that played with the money in my account and tried dumping it, what is the best action you think I should take to get my money back.

[/ QUOTE ]
A baseball bat.

In court, you'd have as much chance getting anywhere with this as you would telling a judge they stole your weed....
Old 12-01-2006, 06:30 PM

I don't know myself, but does Pokerstars really release the names of the people who accessed your account?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:43 PM

I didn't think ps would release that information.

If this is true, I would beat the [censored] out of them.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:08 PM

About 2 years ago somebody used my Neteller information (how they got it Stars still doesn't know) to try and deposit $100 - not much money, but still a person that wasn't me, with my neteller info on stars trying to deposit. Stars gave me the screen name and real name of the guy (via phone) - they lent the information to me in a way that they were asking me if I knew person "x".
Old 12-01-2006, 08:10 PM

Did you get the Hand Historys immediatly? If not do so NOW, if you recognize who the money was lost to you may be able to get it back. They might be able to tell that it was obvious chip dumping or something like that.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:18 PM

it was me
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 PM

In all likelihood, you do not have much legal recourse here. Accordingly, the rule of bigness comes into play. What is your relationship with the villians? What would you do if they stole $2K in cash from you and you could not prove it in court?

If the villians are bigger/tougher/meaner than you are, then write it off and disassociate yourself. If you are bigger/tougher/meaner, then go get your money.