Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Default QQ..Awful from Start to Finish

UGH. No PT forgot who villains were...lol The overcaller is a pretty decent player, lead guy is fairly bad is all i got...
Having 3 ppl in this hand made this awful. I almost just folded to the lead.
Advice on all streets appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $100
CO: $117.25
Button: $105.60
SB: $165.70
BB: $125.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12.5, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $8</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($36.5, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($36.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $10</font>, Hero
Old 11-25-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: QQ..Awful from Start to Finish

Why check the flop? Draws all over the place..I am betting psb here and not too upset if I take it down.

I prob fold river.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:18 PM

checked flop because there are 100 million scare cards to come and chances of a bet taking it down were pretty low IMO.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:34 PM

Maybe I think about spots like this all wrong then. The fact that there are so many scare cards to come makes me more inclined to bet, not check.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checked flop because there are 100 million scare cards to come and chances of a bet taking it down were pretty low IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we want to take it down? Don't we make money if they call a PSB with anything less than an OESFD?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I think about spots like this all wrong then. The fact that there are so many scare cards to come makes me more inclined to bet, not check.

[/ QUOTE ]

winner, charge them for there scare cards, i understand that you want to keep the pot small, but you put yourself in a situation where your hand is underrepped and you have no idea what villains holdings are
Old 11-25-2006, 08:26 PM

i would probably bet around $9 here... c/f turn and fold riv- not played well but abysmal bored for an overpair and u get no action unless from HUUGE draw even money v u or hand ahead of u
Old 11-25-2006, 08:51 PM

i would bet the flop, or checkraise. if my checkraise whiffed, no biggie, we can easily fold if the board screws us. and checkraise makes everyone call two cold to draw. cr is a very viable move with a draw in loose passive live games btw just have the balls to follow up on the turn.

i would be more inclined to bet and less inclined to checkraise because there is only one person behind us. if we were the first to act i def consider a checkraise.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we want to take it down? Don't we make money if they call a PSB with anything less than an OESFD?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to take it down now because this is a raise pot and there are tons of scare cards that can hit that leave me wondering where I stand. If a scare card comes, I can either fold to a bigger bet which means I'm getting pushed around, or I can call and pay him off which means I'm "justifying my opponent's implied odds." While I want him to call based on pot odds, I'm not so sure I want to do so because of implied odds.

As you might be able to tell, I have a fear of flopping here. So how to play this?
Old 11-25-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would bet the flop, or checkraise. if my checkraise whiffed, no biggie, we can easily fold if the board screws us. and checkraise makes everyone call two cold to draw. cr is a very viable move with a draw in loose passive live games btw just have the balls to follow up on the turn.

i would be more inclined to bet and less inclined to checkraise because there is only one person behind us. if we were the first to act i def consider a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

TDB, I think a c/r here is awsome. It hadnt even crossed my mind at the time, but good stuff.

What do we do if its called and the turn comes as it did?