Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 04:28 AM

Default AA and I overbet the river. Thoughts?

Holla @ yo boy.

No reads
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO ($136.50)
Button ($212.65)
SB ($210.90)
BB ($195)
Hero ($220)
MP ($185)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $30</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $22.

Flop: ($63) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $40</font>, Hero calls $40.

Turn: ($143) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($143) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150 (All-In)</font>,
Old 11-23-2006, 04:30 AM

Default Re: AA and I overbet the river. Thoughts?

What hand are you trying to get action from? KK? Is that the only one?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On turn his check behind indicates I am ahead. I think queen x might look me up as well as KK. Checking sucks and if I am gonna bet here might as well be ai.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:36 AM

I agree with ZBThorton JJ will now fold, QQ just got there and AK won't put in more money, wich only leaves KK to get value from.

A better line would be to c/rAI the flop because it looks super fishy (especially if button 3-bets frequintly) and will probably get a call from JJ+ and perhaps some other PP's as well. If you c/rAI you allow villain to talk himself into a call figuring that you must be restealing (you know snap of the obvious c-bet from button).
Old 11-23-2006, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On turn his check behind indicates I am ahead. I think queen x might look me up as well as KK. Checking sucks and if I am gonna bet here might as well be ai.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does checking sucks? You might catch a desperate bluff from AK or some form of a PP and KK will likely bet this river anyway after you check 3 streets.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:38 AM

Yeah I was pretty close to pushing this flop yet figured AK and AQ are drawing dead and it cant hurt to give em time to catch up. JJ/QQ/KK get it in on safe turn anyway so correct my thinking.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I was pretty close to pushing this flop yet figured AK and AQ are drawing dead and it cant hurt to give em time to catch up. JJ/QQ/KK get it in on safe turn anyway so correct my thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always. The board is paired. You just cold-called 40 on a paired flop, I think tons of players slow down on that turn.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:43 AM

freelancer checking river sucks because he will most likely not make a desperate bluff...its a really desperate bluff since he is not bluffing on the best board and especially after he checked turn its hard to think he would try and represent here. Yes, he might but more often then not he checks river with AK/Aq.

If he has Qx and KK he might not even bet but check behind, I can get more value out of these hands by my ai instead of cc or cr. Then I gave why I did not push flop above.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only a K or Q will get you action from AK/AQ but is a scare card for you at the same time (KK or QQ get there). I have a feeling you will get called more often on the flop than on the turn/river. Not to mention if a K comes of on the turn you will only get action from AK/KK and JJ/QQ will be much more carefull.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
freelancer checking river sucks because he will most likely not make a desperate bluff...its a really desperate bluff since he is not bluffing on the best board and especially after he checked turn its hard to think he would try and represent here. Yes, he might but more often then not he checks river with AK/Aq.

If he has Qx and KK he might not even bet but check behind, I can get more value out of these hands by my ai instead of cc or cr. Then I gave why I did not push flop above.

[/ QUOTE ]
My main point was that I'm c/rAI on this flop, just saying that a check isn't completely out of the question against certain villains. Although I would have to agree that its not the best move here once you get to the river.