Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 04:55 PM

Default OFFICIAL Wii bad beat thread

Post your near misses here, so I feel better. Hopefully this thread is irrelevant soon.

#1 - As I posted before, I was back in my college town for the Apple Cup. Called the Wal-Mart, they were getting 29 units. Showed up after dinner, there were 22 people in line, so I hopped out to grab a spot. Oh, it was about 30 degrees out, which was fun.

Only thing was, a guy who worked there came out and was telling some friends in line that they only received 20 of them, with 9 more on the way later this week. Us at the end of the line called inside and talked to a security guard, who called back later to confirm that they only had 20 in stock.

At least I was so drunk I didn't really care about waiting in the freezing cold. Oh, and my wife was pissed and thinks I'm an idiot. (standard)

#2 - Costco post from my other thread. Bastards got theirs EARLY and put them out already instead of tomorrow morning.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL Wii bad beat thread

I'll be posting here tomorrow when I don't get one at Costco, likely a result of not wanting to get up 2 hours earlier than normal. I'm now sort of paranoid that mine might have already sold theirs, but I'm far too lazy to call and ask or to ask when I'm there later today.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:25 PM

I just got back from Costco. Apparently they had them in at 10AM and were gone within 5 mins.

I am gonna go cry now. No Wii for long weekend.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:27 PM

I paid 8 people 50 dollars each to wait in line for 5 hours and there will be less than a 50 dollar margin when they sell. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

NOTE: I had them selling when the average price was 400 but ebay canceled my listing claiming I charged too much for shipping (55 dollars).
Old 11-20-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

NOTE: I had them selling when the average price was 400 but ebay canceled my listing claiming I charged too much for shipping (55 dollars).

[/ QUOTE ]

=/ Since when did eBay start doing stuff like this? When I used to do the eBay thing I always massively gouged people on the shipping and never had a problem. Shipping rape always softened the blow of eBay/PayPal fees.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

=/ Since when did eBay start doing stuff like this? When I used to do the eBay thing I always massively gouged people on the shipping and never had a problem. Shipping rape always softened the blow of eBay/PayPal fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know but it costs me 65 dollars to ship it same day air which is what I was offering....
Old 11-20-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from Costco. Apparently they had them in at 10AM and were gone within 5 mins.

I am gonna go cry now. No Wii for long weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called Costco. Sold them this morning. Not a happy camper. I will probably be happier in a couple hourse when I go buy an Xbox 360.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I paid 8 people 50 dollars each to wait in line for 5 hours and there will be less than a 50 dollar margin when they sell. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes me happy
Old 11-20-2006, 06:12 PM

i have 4 extra units, i bought them figuring they would be going for way more and itd be worth the time itd take to put them up on ebay... but alas, im not going to make too much of them

so if anyone is interested, PM me with an offer (I can ship tomorrow)
Old 11-20-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not what this thread is for, jackass.