Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Omaha brag sort of but mostly beat (tl;dr)

I played pot limit omaha live today vs 2 completely crazy players, every second pot was like $2,000 (5-10 blinds) and they could call pot bets on turn with only gutshot or bet the river for $1,000 with nothing, I ran very bad and was down like $1,5k and then I won back and was up like 4,5k (estimated EV >10k) but it wasn't allowed to take money off the table and one of those guys then put $3k on the table to make sure we would continue to play deep and it was 3am and he wanted to play long into today but I backed out because I could not handle all the crazyness anymore, my adrenaline got too high [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Brag: Finding such an incredible private game.

Beat: Being a total chicken.

Variance: He said: "Are you running away with my money?", I said "we will meet again and I will bring all the money back with me" and we agreed time and date so maybe I have not forsaken as much EV as I somehow feel [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

It never gets to me this way on the internet, if I lose or win 5k I don't care much, but live it feels so much more real.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Omaha brag sort of but mostly beat (tl;dr)

winning money from maniacs live feels awesome because usually they are pricks and think they own the table, and when u finally trap them with the nuts they get upset
Live > Online............maybe i just suck online