Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 07:50 PM

Default 10/20 Semi-bluff with paired door

Table is overall fairly passive.

The 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] brings in, the 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] folds, the 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls, I call with (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] folds, the 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls.

4th street:
Me: (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain: (xx) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Bring-in: (xx) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Other Dude: (xx) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet the maximum, only Villain calls.

5th street:
Me: (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain: (xx) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet he calls. Yuck.

6th street:
Me: (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain: (xx) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check and call.

7th street:
Me: (J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])
Villain: (xx) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (x)

River plan? Comments on the rest?
Old 01-31-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Semi-bluff with paired door

I would typically raise third here since your hand will play well heads up or multiway since you have pair cards that can win as well as clubs. But calling isn't bad really. I'd checkraise the river. He probably has kings or jacks up and puts you on a hand he beats, so he will bet (and probably pay off). If you bet, he will just call it. So I think checkraising is the profitable play.

Jeff
Old 01-31-2006, 10:49 PM

This hand would be a lot easier if you had raised on 3rd I think. Though it WOULD be harder to represent the mark of the beast.

Even without the raise though, it still seems pretty unlikely that he had split 4s to start. Why would he call 4th? Maybe K44K, but you have a K and 4 so it's pretty unlikely. It wouldn't surprise me if this guy had a K and an ace or something down though, completing the action for cheap on 3rd it could be called... So basically I can't imagine him being full.

Now we need to figure out if he will check behind. Somehow it seems like "no" here, so I think I might go for the checkraise here at least some of the time. It definitely could depend on the opponent and how the game was playing.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:17 PM

CHECKRAISE...OH THE BEAUTIFUL CHECKRAISE
Old 01-31-2006, 11:46 PM

i really think you should have check folded fifth.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i really think you should have check folded fifth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost did. I couldn't figure out what he could be calling me with on fourth, so I thought it was worth firing once more.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:54 AM

Yeah I think I'd check raise the river, and check/fold 5th street.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Results

I bet the river and he just called with 4s full.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Results

Guess my read was off [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

This kind of passivity is really another reason to checkraise though, he'll almost never 3 bet you on the river even when he has you beat.