Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 04:35 AM

Default KK - bad play by someone

I thinked I F**ked this up, but maybe the villian made a bad call? Feedback on all streets appreciated. Was my turn c/r not big enough? Or should I have taken another line? I figured c/r'ing turn and folding to action on river would be cheaper than calling turn and facing river bet. Maybe I should fold turn?

Villian was 55/14/1.8 over 56 hands.

I had a full stack, and both villians cover.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 4 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.1, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.1, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.4</font>, CO calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($11.9, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Villian shows A5o and MHING.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:41 AM

Default Re: KK - bad play by someone

against the average player, the only thing scaring hero on the turn is AA, QQ (not too likely), AK, AQ... with less than a pot sized raise i can see someone at 10nl calling this all day (Ax or air is very likely for people to play this way). river is definitely a check imo, i dont think he'd fold river to a 4$ bet in a 12$ pot... personally i dont like the raise but that's just because it always gets caught by crap like that.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:42 AM

villain is loose and passive postflop, theres no reason to check raise the turn, he is never folding an ace and he is rarely betting without one. If you really must, call the turn and then hope he checks behind on the river. The flop is so drawless that he pretty much always has an A when he bets the turn.

also, dont include results.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:48 AM

Hobo pretty much said it all.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
against the average player, the only thing scaring hero on the turn is AA, QQ (not too likely), AK, AQ... with less than a pot sized raise i can see someone at 10nl calling this all day (Ax or air is very likely for people to play this way). river is definitely a check imo, i dont think he'd fold river to a 4$ bet in a 12$ pot... personally i dont like the raise but that's just because it always gets caught by crap like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys. I guess I need to take into account the villians stats more? I was thinking theres no way he would call with less than AK, so if he called/raised then I would get away. My bad.