Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 01:57 PM

Default $15 AQ what flop bet?

Don't know what to make of the PF re-raise but I'm calling it with amount already invested.

Do you just push the turn or is there a way to extract money; that is presuming we are ahead with a rainbow flop?

Thanks,

Stu

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1370)
CO (t1350)
Button (t3985)
SB (t1405)
BB (t3885)
UTG (t1505)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t125, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t250</font>, Hero calls t100, SB calls t100.

Flop: (t750) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

Edit: Fixed typo
Old 11-12-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: $15 QQ what flop bet?

(typo in subject line) if you have AQ then push flop, any good sixed bet here will be about 1/2 your stack so just push.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: $15 QQ what flop bet?

i guess leading for 500+ or shoving would have similar effects, so either is probably fine. if you think hes more likely to call the smaller bet, youre really not afraid of any turn card here (Except a king maybe), so you could do that also purely for value.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: $15 AQ what flop bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know what to make of the PF re-raise but I'm calling it with amount already invested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a read on villan? What range of hands do you see him min reraising you with?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you just push the turn or is there a way to extract money; that is presuming we are ahead with a rainbow flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best way to extract more chips is to check behind on the flop with plan of pushing AI on the turn no matter what comes. The best way to stay alive is to simply push this flop. I would most likely try to extract more chips in this spot. Both the villans will bet a wide range of hands that we are ahead of on the turn.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:35 PM

I would check the flop. I would check the turn if it isn't a Q or A. The pf miniraise is very bad for you. It's too bad he didn't raise to 350 or something, and then you would be able to fold pf.

There is very little chance you have him dominated here. You must check.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 PM

I like the check/fold here unless the turn brings a Q or A and even if an A comes you could still be drawing dead.

The min-raise at these levels show "strength" in most cases. Ive seen a lot of people min-raise KK or AA and sometimes even QQ because they want action.