Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Why does Micheal Irvin.....

.....ALWAYS FEEL LIKE HE NEEDS TO SCREAM WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE?!?!?!? Shut the [censored] up already. I can't count the times Steve Young had that "If you touch my arm again I'm going to lose it you coked up fool". How many more joints does he need to be caught with before ESPN cuts him lose?

Oh, and they should dump Pam Ward, too. It makes my skin crawl when I turn on the Badger game and find that she is one of the announcers. I guess I'm a sexist pig, but I can't stand her.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Why does Micheal Irvin.....

Maybe he's deaf. Or maybe he just shouts when he's excited, I don't know.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:33 PM

I'm shocked he didn't get fired after his comments on the Dan Patrick Show.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

summary?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

summary?

[/ QUOTE ]
Without any prior knowledge of what was actually said, I think I've got a pretty good guess at the general idea:

Dan Patrick: Hi, Michael. Nice orange & pink plaid suit.
Michael Irvin: [screaming] Dan, I'm a huge coked-out blowhard douchebag! The NFL is racist!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

summary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan Patrick: I wonder how Tony Romo is so athletic
Michael Irvin:"No, that's not the only way ... but it's certainly one way ... [maybe his] great, great, great, great Grandma pulled one of them studs up outta the barn [and said] 'come here for a second' ... back in the day ...(more sinister laughter)"
Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM

Google'd: http://thebestsportsblog.com/?page_id=46

[ QUOTE ]
On the way home from work I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show and ususally he’ll have Michael Irvin on Mondays. Luckily he did this afternoon and of course they discussed the big news. Michael basically explained on the air what exactly happened. He said he was helping a 17 year old friend who was struggling with a drug addiction. I think he said he was going to get that kid back in rehab. He said the friend came over to his house on Thanksgiving. When he came over he patted him down. He said he did it because his kids were there and he didn’t want anything bad around them. He found the crack pipe and decided not to just throw it away. He said people go through his garbage all the time. He usually shreds everything. So he put it underneath the front seat in his car and planned on throwing it away later down the road the next day.

The next morning he gets in his car with his wife. They’re going to the furniture store. He completely forgets the crack pipe was in there. He gets pulled over for going 70 mph in a 55 mph zone. The police mentions there was a warrant for an unpaid speeding ticket. He thought he had paid it but apparently didn’t. He said he’d have to take him down to jail and he could pay the fine there. It was when police searched his car that they found the crack pipe.

Now Irvin did say his wife knew the pipe was in there. He talks about how drug addiction is a problem that runs through his whole family. He then talked about all the things he’s done to help people with the same problem. He sounded remorseful and initially knew people would doubt his story. I applaud Dan Patrick for not automatically taking his side cause they know each other but doing his job as a reporter. He sounded very skeptical about Michael’s story. He said that drug addicts and alcoholics are the worst liars. The reason he knows he says is because his dad was an alcoholic. He said he wanted to believe Michael but because of his experience he really couldn’t.

What was interesting was that Dan asked him to take a drug test on the air to clear his name. Michael either didn’t hear it or ,in my opinion, didn’t want to answer it because he kept talking about something else. Later Dan mentioned it to him again and Michael was beating around the bush. He said he had to find out the legality of it and talk to his lawyers. I think he missed a great opportunity to come clean and say emphatically “Yes I am willing to take a drug test wherever and whenever!” I would think a person who claims to be drug free wouldn’t hesitate at all.

So Michael was eager to share his side of the story. He sounded remorseful like I said. But how do you not know a crack pipe is in your car?? It’s not like forgetting fifty cents fell underneath the seats. How do you forget something like that? Of course with Michael’s documented history with drugs and his family’s struggle with their own addiction, it’s difficult to know whether or not he’s telling the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without any prior knowledge of what was actually said, I think I've got a pretty good guess at the general idea:

Dan Patrick: Hi, Michael. Nice orange & pink plaid suit.
Michael Irvin: [screaming] Dan, I'm a huge coked-out blowhard douchebag! The NFL is racist!

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, awesome. That guy is such a tool.

If you read the excerpt in Penthouse or whatever it was 10 or so years ago with him and the hookers or strippers and the hotel room coke binges, you'd know the guy had a very serious Steve Howe-level problem with coke (the thing that stuck in my head is the strippers/hookers mentioned how he was way more into the blow than he was sex or them). That plus the article linked above, it's just a matter of time before he gets busted again. I'm not sure if his probation is up (probably) but maybe this time when he asks "do you know who I am?" it will work.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he's deaf. Or maybe he just shouts when he's excited, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Samuel Jackson, it's my beer!"

"Yes I hope they die, and I hope they burn in hell!"

"No I can't stop yelling, cause that's how I talk!"
Old 11-26-2006, 04:07 PM

ESPN must tell their talking bobbleheads to yell. I remember when Steve Young started working there and he would speak in a nice calm manner. Now he yells at the camera just like all those other idiots. ESPN thinks that NFL viewers like being yelled at, and they're probably right.