Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 03:19 AM

Default Some of you affiliates are really annoying

I'm going to be nice and not out this one by name except to say they offer "an extra $150" on top of the regular signup bonus on Full Tilt and they also advertise here on 2+2. Here is why I won't sign up with you... for anything:

1) When you try to find more information about this extra bonus and where it comes from - surprise! Nothing to be found.

2) Even bigger reason. I click on something FT related, thinking I'll get additional information and, surprise! I'm sent straight to the FT website (with one of your cookies installed on my computer now I'm sure.)

I freaking hate sites that do stuff like this and I know this site isn't the only one. All you affiliates that do sneaky misdirection like this, stop! It only makes us more determined not to sign up with you. I immediately left this affiliates site.

How do I ensure I'm rid of this affiliate so I can sign up with a trustworthy affiliate? I've heard deleting cookies and temp files doesn't always work and I don't want to get screwed out of rakeback by Full Tilt.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Some of you affiliates are really annoying

If you are very worried about cookies not clearing use a different computer. You must know someone that has a clean computer.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must know someone that has a clean computer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2006, 03:26 AM

I'll clear them out the cookies directory myself if necessary. I just want to make sure that's all it takes. It seems like I hear more stories about people not getting FT rakeback than any other site - usually due to some kind of snafu during the signup process.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:29 AM

I don't think it occurs as a % more often. FT is just a popular rb site so there are more signups which then causes more problems. Clearing cookies should work. To be careful do not deposit until you can verify you are tracked.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:48 AM

That's a good idea. I didn't realize affiliates can do that prior to a deposit. How long does it normally take before an affiliate can get confirmation?

More importantly, are we able to start the process again if we're not being tracked?
Old 11-08-2006, 04:18 AM

I'm not 100% sure about FT's tracking but I would imagine an affiliate would know in about 24 hours. It is my experience that if you are not tracked that you can get moved before you make a deposit. If you end up tracked to someone else but have not deposited just try again. This is not official advice but it should work. Consult the affiliate of your choice privately to make 100% sure.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:55 PM

FYI if you clicked an affiliate link that put a cookie on your comp and then proceeded to install the FTP software, you'll need to use a clean computer if you want to sign up under another affiliate.

The FTP writes some affiliate tracking stuff in the registery, and uninstalling doesn't remove it. (i haven't looked in the registry to see what key it actually creates).

Later
KoW
Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 PM

I'm not really interested in asking my friends if I can use their computer because of the cookies I don't want on my computer.

My friends don't know anything about this internet-poker stuff and they don't want cookies either and might not know that it doesn't really matter to them.

It all just sounds too strange to an outsider imo.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:59 PM

Well said Microbob. I can easily use a different computer, but the deeper problem is why we can't simply tell FT or any other site that our intention was to be signed up through xxx affiliate without it turning into a huge hassle.