Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM

Default expected win rate @ limit

hey everyone, finally gave in & created an account. My friend & I were talking about what you can expect to win over the long term in limit games. From what I understand its 1bb/hr, so 3/6 - $6/hr, 10-20 - $20 / hr, etc. But my friend said that statistic is when playing against really good players. So I was wondering what if the game you play in is always full of really bad players? Could your win rate be higher over the long term? How much higher?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Re: expected win rate @ limit

If you don't get 1BB/hr or more, then you should contact customer support for a refund.

Most settle for >0BB/hr though.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:39 PM

In low limit live games, you can certainly make 2BB an hour, but above 10/20 or 15/30 it will probably only be 1 or 1.5BB per hour for good players...
Old 11-01-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In low limit live games, you can certainly make 2BB an hour, but above 10/20 or 15/30 it will probably only be 1 or 1.5BB per hour for good players...

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i honestly think you can beat some live 20-40 games for 2 bb/100 if you practice good table selection.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't get 1BB/hr or more, then you should contact customer support for a refund.

Most settle for >0BB/hr though.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? I understand that you should get 1bb / hr. I'm wondering how much more you can make against really bad players, or if the 1 bb/hr is in regards to good or bad players.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:53 AM

You will make more in no limit than limit
Old 11-02-2006, 08:13 AM

We are talking LIMIT right? For one thing "per hour" is old school. The problem with "per hour" is that online it can be 80 hands per hour and live it's more like 35. Party it's 65 and Full Tilt it's 80. See the problem?

So most people not talk per 100 hands.

If you are talking bad players (50%+ flop) A good player can make 5BB/100 in the long run. IF you are very good. Once you move up and start playing real poker with 30% flops this drops to the 2BB/100 range IF you are very good!

SO - In YOUR "per hour" and in the long run. I have to think on very bad tables 2BB/hour is doable.

Using Checkyourbets.com I was making 2.2BB/hour in 2/4 to 5/10 for about 600 hours (about 36,000 hands-single table) but then hit a -150 Big Bet down streak. I was ALWAYS played 45% tables and even 60% tables in $5/10. With the streak and now playing tight tables I'm down to 1.5BB/hour single table.

The loose sites are closed to Americans and I'm forced to play on 30% tables which also means I can use PT again. My last 6000 hands I'm at 3.1BB/100 at Full Tilt 2/4 and 3/6 but I have been getting good cards.
Remember - online you can play more then one table - this is a little more difficult live LOL
Old 11-02-2006, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But my friend said that statistic is when playing against really good players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really makes no sense at all. If you have just started playing, and you play against really good players, then you should be losing money, not winning. If you're already a really good player, and you play against other with equal skill, then you will still be losing to the rake.

Your winrate mainly depends on 3 things. Your own skills, the skills of your opponents, and how lucky you are. I'm guessing this will most likely be something between -1BB/100 to +3BB/100. Hope that helps. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2006, 09:35 PM

By really good players I meant good but not as good as you, but better than the guys that are just in to get drunk and gamble. I use /hr, because I'm not allowed to play online anymore & much too hard to keep track of x amount of hands per session live. And yes I was talking about limit as WA basically doesn't have nl besides tulalip which is too far anyways.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:42 PM

I predict you will lose.

Internet poker especially limit isnt like your home game.

Buy 2+2 books, read, play micros, study, play more micros, eventually profit...