Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 12:52 AM

Default I Program Automation Software

Hello,

I have a programming talent that most other programmers don't and that is the ability to automate things on the computer. With a few exceptions, I can make the computer do the exact same thing you do expect I can make a program to do it. Now, I am not talking about making a poker bot. No no. What I am talking about are the many other things out there that can be made profitable by intelligent automation.

For example, a few years back there used to be companies that paid you to surf the internet as long as you included a advertisement bar at the bottom of your screen. Well, some people made programs that automated websurfing. Before these companies died, they paid out a lot to people for viewing their ads, expect, they were fooled by automation software.

I'm not suggesting anything illegal. I want ideas. I dont know whats out there to make money. I am looking for suggestions. If you have ideas, PM me or post, and we can chat and work something out.

Not everything is possible, but, for the most part anything you can do on the computer I can make a program do faster and automatically.

Nichomacheo
Old 11-07-2006, 01:16 AM

Default Re: I Program Automation Software

I remember those companies...one of them (I forget the name now) quit paying just when I'd built up enough of a downline that I was getting (for me as a teenager) a decent amount of money from them each month.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:27 AM

Sofware that can read a book and explain it to you and answer any questions you have about it! If you make this you will have mastered Artificial Intelligence and be rich.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:30 AM

Also I would not mind having the windows environment with the unix kernal.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sofware that can read a book and explain it to you and answer any questions you have about it! If you make this you will have mastered Artificial Intelligence and be rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt automated since it requires understanding. I can include some conditional things, but this goes way beyond automation.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a programming talent that most other programmers don't and that is the ability to automate things on the computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think nearly all programmers are capable of writing .ahk scripts. Even non-programmers like myself can do that. What talents do you have that go so far above and beyond what is possible w/ autohotkey that it sets you apart from "most other programmers"?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:24 PM

I know there is already a lot out there, but you could always make a program that adds friends to your myspace.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember those companies...one of them (I forget the name now) quit paying just when I'd built up enough of a downline that I was getting (for me as a teenager) a decent amount of money from them each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

ALLADVANTAGE!!! those bastards, I was getting like 150 a month (this was sick money in high school) from my referrals but then they went out of business.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:57 PM

That's the one...they switched from paying to giving "contest entries" :-p
Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 PM

I have never used AHK and am not aware of its limitations, but I'm pretty confident I could blow AHK out of the water.