Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 PM

Default just checking

villain is 27/21/3.7 I've seen him play aggro a lot and sometimes overplay hands is this ok?

turn 3bet bad?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: just checking

I guess this is how you do it vs. very aggro opposition ... and generally you have a very strong hand, too. Just pray for him not to have KsJs or a set on the flop, I suppose. I say it's OK.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:10 PM

thank you. I think imma cut off the action after my 3bet on turn.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 PM

I play the flop the same but would just call down after you get raised on the turn. We're pretty well always behind after Villain shows no fear of the A on the turn. What hand are we ahead of at this point? A retarded JJ? Hope the river bricks and you split with AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] .
Old 11-01-2006, 10:21 PM

this is more aggro that I would play ... I don't think I can 3bet the turn

after his flop cap I would be thinking:
TT, KJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],44, AT, KQ and maybe AQ, QJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I would think an aggressive player would cap KK, QQ, AQ, and maybe TT but not the EP open raising King or Queen hands
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 PM

Tough to put him on a hand that caps this flop and then raises the turn. Possibly QT or 44, but maybe he wouldn't raise with those UTG. He'd probably cap QQ. TT makes the most sense, I think. KJ spades also makes sense. So I would call down after he raises the turn bet.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:58 PM

I call down after the turn raise. When the ace hits, and villain doesn't take his foot off the gas, I'm thinking I'm up against a set or better.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call down after he raises the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2006, 12:59 AM

KJ or another AQ are the only hands that make sense here--I think a 27/21 player is capping with TT &amp; position preflop, unless you've been all rock-like at the table. Maybe 44. And I suppose it's possible that he's got something like KQ or QJ suited to spades and is trying to push you off KK on the turn.

I dunno....based on your read of the opponent you might have a very thin value 3bet on the turn, but I think I chicken out &amp; bet/call. And it really sucks if you get capped.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough to put him on a hand that caps this flop and then raises the turn. He'd probably cap QQ. TT makes the most sense, I think. KJ spades also makes sense. So I would call down after he raises the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will add AA. Call down from the turn raise.