Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 02:37 PM

Default San Jose, CA Mayoral Race: Who is better for card rooms?

Does anyone have any acurate information reguarding the stances of Chuck Reed and Cindy Chavez on the card rooms (Bay 101 and Garden City)? The previous administration made a significant effort to at least limit the hours of the clubs and back betting (non poker). I've had limited success getting acurate information from either campaingn.

When I talked to the Chavez campaign they told me that she didn't like gambling in San Jose, was against expanding it, but had no imidiate plans to curtail it.

The Reed campaign basically gave me a "I don't know I will find out and get back to you" answer, but I still haven't got the promised return phone call.

This is the only decent article I can find that is even remotely relevent San Jose Mecury News Article
Old 11-02-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: San Jose, CA Mayoral Race: Who is better for card rooms?

Chavez is by far the better candidate from a gambler's perspective. Check that. Chavez is the better candidate from the perspective of the owners of Bay101. I highly doubt that Cindy Chavez getting elected means a lower rake for the players. So the only way it makes a difference is if Reed is successful in shutting down the card rooms or imposing operating hour restrictions.