Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 03:32 PM

Default 2006 WSOP 2k NLHE

Im watching the show online, and saw a play that I wanted to get somepeople's opinions on. Its the episode with Mark Vos, Nam Le, and Carlos Mortensen. When it was down to 6 handed Kevin Petersen picked up QQ on the button and raise. This is right after he knocked the lady out with AA vs 52. Nam Le then reraised him. My questions go as follows, what would you be thinking if you were Kevin:
1)What could Nam be holding?
2)If you were pretty sure that he had AK would you want to push now, or wait for the flop?
3)If you pushed all in what would Nam think you had?
4)Would your decision to number 2 change if you knew that he would call with AK?

What I'm getting at is it worth it to risk QQ vs AK that late in a tournament? Is it a bad that I might want to wait and see what the flop brings before I shove in most of my chips on a coinflip?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: 2006 WSOP 2k NLHE

Heres another question.

What is Nam's re-steal range? Don't forget, this is Kevin Peterson opening from, the button, correct? There is no possible way to put Nam on (AK, QQ+).

I thinkg it is just silly to not shove with QQ here facing a very wide range?

1)What could Nam be holding? (77+, AJs+, AQ+)
2)If you were pretty sure that he had AK would you want to push now, or wait for the flop? (there is no way to be sure he has AK. If you were however. Call and raise allin on a non A or K flop)
3)If you pushed all in what would Nam think you had? (Probably JJ+, AQs+, AK)
4)Would your decision to number 2 change if you knew that he would call with AK? (If I figured him for AK, like I said, I call then fold an A-high or K-high flop and shove over his bet on a safe flop)