Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Muscles

Note: I'm 20.

How much of an effect does muscles have on a guy when attempting to attract women?

Let's say that my romance has been dry. The main reason for this romantic dearth is my lack of interaction and weak disposition in high school. I've grown manlier, but I'm finding that I should wait until I'm very muscular(1 year of lifting) before I try my luck with girls.

Any of you have a similar experience?

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Muscles

Dude, like most guys, you have a misconception of what attracts women. It's hardly money, good looks, and muscles.

If you have a great sense of humor, are able to communicate to women without sweating profusely, and have a good personality, that will get you in the sack more often than your 20" pythons will.

Mix a good physique with a little bit of money, and all the good personality traits, you'll be bedding girls like it's going out of style.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, like most guys, you have a misconception of what attracts women. It's hardly money, good looks, and muscles.

If you have a great sense of humor, are able to communicate to women without sweating profusely, and have a good personality, that will get you in the sack more often than your 20" pythons will.

Mix a good physique with a little bit of money, and all the good personality traits, you'll be bedding girls like it's going out of style.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually wrong in terms of random hook ups. for dating, i agree; but, not if you just wanna go to a bar and pick up a random hot girl.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:05 PM

I mean, it's obviously better to be skinny than to be fat. There's lots of chubby people who get laid--so you're ahead of them. The idea of not trying to meet girls for another year seems ridiculous. If you talk to a random girl, what do you have to lose (and you won't lose your dignity if you realize that it's not a big deal if things don't work out)? Would you rather hook up with 3 girls and get rejected by 15 this year or hook up with none and get rejected by one (I assume you'll at least go after someone)?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually wrong in terms of random hook ups. for dating, i agree; but, not if you just wanna go to a bar and pick up a random hot girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta be able to seduce a woman. A good personality will do that over a 6 pack and big arms.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:21 PM

If you go to a bar hoping for a one night stand (eg-you're not looking to form any form of a relationship), you'll want to hook up with the hottest girl you find who is willing to hook up with you. Similarly, for girls who just wanna get laid, they'll want to find the most attractive guy who is interested in them. Obviously personality helps, but in general for random hook ups with hot girls, appearance>>>>>personality.

Also, when you get back from your hook up, your friends will be there to give you sht if she's ugly/fat etc., and they'll envy you (or at least give you props) if she's real hot. The same is true for many girls (they'll want their friends to approve of the guy).
Old 11-29-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta be able to seduce a woman. A good personality will do that over a 6 pack and big arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to assume everyone is in college since this is the dorm.

Good looking >>Senior>>Muscles>>>>Funny >>>Smart>>>Rich

Obviously being smart and witty will wina girl over, but good looking guys in great shape have like a huge advatange.

Why wait? Try and [censored] girls now, keep working out daily, and then try to [censored] girls with greater success.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:44 PM

This question really depends on what you are looking for, and I think someone alluded to this earlier in the thread. If you are looking for random hookups, being good looking and having a good line goes a long way. If you are looking for a legit relationship, women are all over the map in terms of what attracts them. Looks is certainly part of the criteria, that is an undeniable, biological truth. However, the intangibles are just as important, like what kind of speculative value do you have, ie. where are you going in life, how much juice do you have at the moment, etc. In this sense, guys 18-23 don't have a lot to offer, thus problems like yours are super common - a lot of guys are in the same boat. To wrap this up, I'd say muscles can't hurt, and someone who just started lifting isn't gonna have to worry about getting too big to the point that it isn't attractive. Project confidence and an image of success and you are set.

Oh, and don't be one of those idiots who only work out their upper body or only their arms, you will look like a huge tool.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:45 PM

When I go out to bars, I go to chill and to play wing man for one of my friends if need be, since I'm not interested in picking up a girl because I have a great long-term gf. This situation affords me the opportunity to observe a lot and see what works and what hasn't. My observations have told me this:

The muscle bound guys usually suck at picking up girls from what I've seen, but this coincides with a general lack of personality from this same group. I think the physique that proves most effective in picking up girls is that of the skinny but toned and athletic look.

If you're looking for a girl to take home with you at the end of the night, do not waste your time looking for this girl early on in the night. You can meet some girls and put out a good impression, but don't be the guy who sits there for 3 hours working on one girl just to have her scooped away by her friends at the end of the night, and you will likely never see that girl again.

This is based on a 2am bar time that we have here (not sure if its the same elsewhere) but basically it goes like this. The girl you hit on between 9 and 11 will almost never go home with you, the girl you hit on between 11 and 1 will go home with you sometimes, but still not that often, the girl you hit on between 1 and 2 is your best chance, this is your money area.

Finally, do not be the guy who pours shots down a girl's throat to try to get her. Girls know that they can get guys to buy drinks for them that they have zero interest in and they use this to their advantage, plus a buzzed girl is far more preferable to a stupidly drunk girl. A buzzed girl can still make rational decisions, and you should still be able to pick up a rational girl. A stupidly drunk girl plain and simple isn't fun to deal with.

Hopefully that all helped.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:46 PM

From talking to many girls about this, I get the feeling that muscles (nice arms, back) are especially appreciated, and the six pack is unnecessary