Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Full Tilt or UB, that is the question

As a 400 NL player, I would always steer clear of the big sites and play the smaller ones like Titan or 123 poker because I found the games there to be incredily easier then the games on sites like Full Tilt or even party for that matter, and did well. now that most of those sites are out of US market, I have a mini dilemma.

The past few days i have been playing at FT and have had success, but find the games to be tougher and have noticed almost every table has 2-3 regs at it, making it a good bit tougher in nature. i was wondering if it was worth me trying UB out, if the games were as hard there as at Tilt's 400 NL, or if anyone else had any suggestions for me. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

G
Old 10-17-2006, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt or UB, that is the question

UB games are all regulars and quite rough. I dont play 400 eaither I'm talkin about 100.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:18 PM

Also, UB is tougher because they have a one-click Bet Pot button when it's your turn. Lets even the fish bet closer the proper amount, and makes people harder to read (they usually bet the pot). With FT, at least you have to click the Bet Pot tab above the slider, THEN click bet/raise. Not nearly as many fish will go through the 2-step motion.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, UB is tougher because they have a one-click Bet Pot button when it's your turn. Lets even the fish bet closer the proper amount, and makes people harder to read (they usually bet the pot).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so I'm only playing the $0.50 NL tables at UB, but I can't even count how many times I've seen $0.50 bets into $5.00 and $10.00 pots on the flop, turn, AND river. The folks I'm playing with apparently don't see the "Bet Pot" button.

jb
Old 10-19-2006, 10:21 PM

I've always found getting the hand histories to be a pain in the balls at UB. The hand history window always seems to freeze on me and then I have to go back and request the ones for the last hour or so because I have no idea when it froze.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:55 AM

Play both and practice game selection.

Thinking out the box there aren't I?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:34 PM

If you used to play 123 Poker, there are still tons of Prima sites that take US players. Just go to one of those. Same Eurofishy games as always.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, UB is tougher because they have a one-click Bet Pot button when it's your turn. Lets even the fish bet closer the proper amount, and makes people harder to read (they usually bet the pot).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so I'm only playing the $0.50 NL tables at UB, but I can't even count how many times I've seen $0.50 bets into $5.00 and $10.00 pots on the flop, turn, AND river. The folks I'm playing with apparently don't see the "Bet Pot" button.

jb

[/ QUOTE ]

People on UB use the bet pot quite often in my experience.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you used to play 123 Poker, there are still tons of Prima sites that take US players. Just go to one of those. Same Eurofishy games as always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surfing around bonus whores as we speak, can anyone vouch for any of the Prima Sites? I was thinking of maybe going with betonbet poker as they seem to look like a nice site with a generous bonus as well.

G