Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Apartment Complex speed limit

Cliffnotes at bottom

My complex's speed limit is 10 MPH. I usually drive around 15 MPH or so because they do have speed bumps and I don't want to ruin my car. Most people drive 15-20 although I have seen some people drive up to 35-40 later at night when there is no work crew or leasing people there.

2 weeks ago I ran into my apartment for 5 mins and came back out to my car. Somebody (I think one of the landscapers, though I'm not sure, but it was definatly somebody working there) had taped a note with scotch tape to my driver's side window that basically said slow down because of children. Whatever, I knew I was driving faster because I had a 12 deadline I trying to make (it was 11:53 or so, 10 min drive).

Anyways, I came back today from my workout (I drive to the gym) and shower, eat and go back out to my car. I find a huge orange sticker on my car about 8x8 on my window. The whole [censored] thing was sticky. It said speed limit is 10MPH SLOW DOWN, THIS IS YOUR SECOND WARNING. The stickers are supposed to be used for cars that should be towed, they just wrote over it. Because of it being unsafe to drive with, I spent 45 min peeling all the [censored] of my window and as a result I was 30 mins late to class. I'm pissed about it, a note is one thing, a [censored] sticker that is all over my window is another.

What's should I do cause I'm not quite sure at this point. Yes and obviously slow down is an option.

Cliffnotes: My apartment complex put a huge [censored] sticker on my driver side window that told me to slow down. Took me 45 min to peel off, result, I'm late for class by 30 min. WTF am I doing?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Apartment Complex speed limit

Drive around fast, pretend to be going inside but really spy out a window and watch for the person to post a sticky on your car, then take appropriate action. I will let others elaborate on an appropriate course of action.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:25 PM

I'm really not sure what there is to say beyond "slow down". And I'm not just saying this for "think of the children" reasons, but also because it sounds like you are going to wish they put a sticker on your car next time they catch you speeding. Depending on your lease, you may have your car towed, they may take away your parking space, or they may evict you, none of which you want.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:32 PM

Not much you can do if it is the apartment complex that is doing it. On a side note there is an apartment complex in MI that has a posted speed limit of 12 MPH. Not 10 not 15 but 12.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:35 PM

Find some kids in the apt complex, run them over.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliffnotes at bottom

My complex's speed limit is 10 MPH. I usually drive around 15 MPH or so because they do have speed bumps and I don't want to ruin my car. Most people drive 15-20 although I have seen some people drive up to 35-40 later at night when there is no work crew or leasing people there.

2 weeks ago I ran into my apartment for 5 mins and came back out to my car. Somebody (I think one of the landscapers, though I'm not sure, but it was definatly somebody working there) had taped a note with scotch tape to my driver's side window that basically said slow down because of children. Whatever, I knew I was driving faster because I had a 12 deadline I trying to make (it was 11:53 or so, 10 min drive).

Anyways, I came back today from my workout (I drive to the gym) and shower, eat and go back out to my car. I find a huge orange sticker on my car about 8x8 on my window. The whole [censored] thing was sticky. It said speed limit is 10MPH SLOW DOWN, THIS IS YOUR SECOND WARNING. The stickers are supposed to be used for cars that should be towed, they just wrote over it. Because of it being unsafe to drive with, I spent 45 min peeling all the [censored] of my window and as a result I was 30 mins late to class. I'm pissed about it, a note is one thing, a [censored] sticker that is all over my window is another.

What's should I do cause I'm not quite sure at this point. Yes and obviously slow down is an option.

Cliffnotes: My apartment complex put a huge [censored] sticker on my driver side window that told me to slow down. Took me 45 min to peel off, result, I'm late for class by 30 min. WTF am I doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 things.

1. You file a complaint, because that sticker is basically vandalism.

2. SLOW THE [censored] DOWN
Old 10-19-2006, 06:36 PM

I'm just pissed off about it because it seems like i'm the only one being target by this individual because i'm young (21) and drive a bright red car that attracts attention. I've never seen anybody else with this crap on their car, even though there are plenty of others that drive much faster.

My lease ends in Feb 3 so I still got a while unfortunatly.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Have your window professionally cleaned, then sue them in small claims for the cost.

Rules or not, nobody has the right to damage your property.

..and yes I understand that it is a window and yes I understand that it is fairly easy to clean. That isn't the point.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much you can do if it is the apartment complex that is doing it. On a side note there is an apartment complex in MI that has a posted speed limit of 12 MPH. Not 10 not 15 but 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in MI actually. I've seen one with a 5 1/2 MPH limit in IL. Crazy stuff...
Old 10-19-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cliffnotes at bottom

[/ QUOTE ]

2 things.

1. You file a complaint, because that sticker is basically vandalism.

2. SLOW THE [censored] DOWN

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what i was trying to figure out, is that vandalism for sure?