Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Props

Anyone here play props during their cash games? A few guys in my home game and I have started playing some and they're pretty fun. We play pairs/trips, rainbow flops, single card on the flop, red/black, etc.

At one time we had about 5 people playing the pairs so if I hit 99x on the flop (my pair was 9's) I got $10 from each of them.

The props basically make you pay attention to every flop and provide some excitement when you are playing tight/not getting good starting hands.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Props

I came up with a game where whoever folded preflop could bet that they had a worse starting hand (based purely on high card strength). Whoever took the bet (several people could if they wanted to) were forced to pay the winner 1/4 of the final pot size of that hand. So if A, B, and C are in the prop bet, and A wins and the pot is $20, B and C owe A $5 ($2.50 each).

This got almost no action since people were essentially nut-peddling these bets, so the next time I called it forced. That means out of everyone who folds preflop, the worst hand gets 1/4 and the rest pay their share.

This scenerio had a very dramatic affect on the game since people would limp with all kinds of crap just to avoid the side bet. You'd have to open-limp hands like J2o since you knew someone would fold a worse hand. So there was LOTS of action. It got to the point where people would cold-call raises thinking that it would cost less than their share of the side bet.

I thought it was pretty fun for the normal hum-drum hold'em night, but it didn't really take. I'll have to add it in again sometime.