Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Really thought about a fold, call, or raise on every street

Villain is still new but stats are 25/15 and I did notice a high flop c/r percentage over a fairly small sample size.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($87.61)
UTG ($118.65)
MP ($59.40)
CO ($197.47)
Hero ($98.50)
SB ($99.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB (poster) calls $4.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds.

Flop: ($12) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($44) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20.

River: ($84) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $104

Flop: I would normally find a fold vs. this c/r, but his TAG tendencies, high c/r percentage, and decent pot odds make this worth a call. The other option would be to 3-bet hoping to make a Tx or 55-99 make a tough fold, but I think if I want to make that move the turn stack-a-donk looks more like a overpair.

Turn: He bets out less than half pot, it sort of looks like a weak value bet and though raising here might be a good idea. The most likely Tx hands though are T9 and JT, one of which just got there. The other most likely AT is the most likely to find a call vs. a turn raise. That could make this a fold, but there's a decent enough chance it's a c-bet on his c/r and my hand could still be good. Another 3:1 situation where I might be ahead plus the 5 outer if I'm not and I decide to keep going.

River: He fires a terribly weak bet that is probably a blocking bet. He's block betting everything that beats me, and he only has another $40 behind so he's probably calling with a huge range getting over 3.5:1. That leaves me with folding.

FWIW the K4s raise was standard at this table because it was playign extremely tight and I was getting zero action on premiums preflop. How's my thought process for all three streets?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Really thought about a fold, call, or raise on every street

I'd fold to the flop CR. If I felt he was stealing then I would 3-bet the flop to $30 and be done with putting any more money into the pot.

Fold the turn if you don't fold to the flop CR. You are playing this hand like a LHE hand.

Preflop is fine.

River is 50/50.