Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Stars Update

Ok guys,

I've read all of the Stars threads full of useless nonsense. People seem to predict the future of a company they know absolutely nothing about based on incomplete information that they also don't know anything about.

As I stated in the original Stars thread, I know people that work for both Stars and FTP. The people that I talk to are not support people, not is it Raymer or StevePA or some paid endorser. They are some of the people who are involved with making these types of decisions. They have helped me with information and clarification through several of the key issues that have gone on. The best example of this, is that I knew that Party/Pacific were pulling out of the US Market about a day and a half ahead of their announcement. Nate, and a few other guys in this forum can verify that.

With that said, I spoke to them last night after reading all of the people going into panic mode just because Full Tilt released their statement and Stars hasn't. Here is what I was told:

The official decision still hasn't been made yet. The biggest problem is not just that they have to talk to lawyers, but that they are in discussions with all of their payment processors. "Most of them are still analysing and haven't made their decisions because they are in turn dependant on US banks".

I don't know about you guys, but I am thrilled that one of the rooms didn't jump the gun and put out some press release full of information that they didn't 100% know that they couldn't stand behind. So stop your bitching, relax, and let things happen as they will. We've had a lot of good news in the past week, and I think we will continue to see that online poker is going to be - ok - .

I'd like to stress a couple of things real quick:

#1. I feel very comfortable that if Stars were going to shut down the US players, I would know ahead of time. I don't work for Stars, so there would be NO REASON for me to make this post supporting them if I didn't actually believe everything would be okay.

#2. Even if Stars pulls out, your funds are safe.

#3. The bill hasn't even passed a WEEK ago yet. Let's give everyone time to get the approriate information. I'd much rather have a complete answer, than have someone give me an answer and change it back the next day when something else happens.

**This is not a statement from Stars. It's not a statement from Lee Jones, Support, Management, Endorsers, Players, or anyone else. It's my interpretation of the conversations I've had with people I know that work for Stars and FTP**

- ZBT
Old 10-06-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Stars Update

Word.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:41 PM

I love the honesty and the positive thinking. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The official decision still hasn't been made yet. The biggest problem is not just that they have to talk to lawyers, but that they are in discussions with all of their payment processors. "Most of them are still analysing and haven't made their decisions because they are in turn dependant on US banks".

[/ QUOTE ]

ZB,

Great post, and I can confirm what you state above about Party/Pacific above.

One quick question though -- doesn't it seem unlikely that firms like NETELLER are going to make a decision until the regulations themselves are drafted? If so, how does Stars make a decision? Or are you suggesting that their remaining open to US players for at least the 270 (+/-) day window is somewhat likely?
Old 10-06-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZB,

Great post, and I can confirm what you state above about Party/Pacific above.

One quick question though -- doesn't it seem unlikely that firms like NETELLER are going to make a decision until the regulations themselves are drafted? If so, how does Stars make a decision? Or are you suggesting that their remaining open to US players for at least the 270 (+/-) day window is somewhat likely?

[/ QUOTE ]

I *personally* think the next thing you hear from Stars will be cautious optimism. They will keep going ahead, until the regulations are written, and then re-evaluate.

Which IMO. Is the way it should go.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you guys, but I am thrilled that one of the rooms didn't jump the gun and put out some press release full of information that they didn't 100% know that they couldn't stand behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said something similar on another post.
But to retread a bit here….

I’m thrilled that Poker Stars is handling this like a long term business decision and doing full due diligence instead of mouthing off with media spin.

3 cheers for being all grown up! Thank god there is someone that we can trust....
Old 10-06-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I’m thrilled that Poker Stars is handling this like a long term business decision and doing full due diligence instead of mouthing off with media spin.

3 cheers for being all grown up! Thank god there is someone that we can trust....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the honesty and the positive thinking. Thanks for the update.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2006, 03:06 PM

Thanks for the update. Positive thinking...what a novel concept! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I continue to be optimistic as well as time goes on.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:07 PM

Hey ZB,

thanks for the update, and since you are the man in the know, plz keep us, well...in the know, as you find out new infos.